Discussion Learning to code vs trucking vs learning a trade. What's the biggest meme?

Title

• Total voters
Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
You call everything that requires work a meme. Coding is the best option for ugly men who don't want to go outside, and want to work from home. Trade is the best option for people that want a livable salary with little schooling.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Trade and truckers (AI trucks are cope) will always be needed and rarely struggle with employment. Meanwhile codemonkeys grind for years and then have to fight tooth and nail for jobs while at the same time they are outsourced to the third world.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Coding by a very long mile. And I'm not even talking about the [UWSL][UWSL]ridiculous level of [/UWSL][/UWSL]competition and oversaturation. Besides risk of getting burned out really fast you got all the false promises, myths and cliches that surround coding. It's not just a meme but a cruel joke.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Coding by a very long mile. And I'm not even talking about the [UWSL][UWSL]ridiculous level of [/UWSL][/UWSL]competition and oversaturation. Besides risk of getting burned out really fast you got all the false promises, myths and cliches that surround coding. It's not just a meme but a cruel joke.
I agree. The only interview I got so far was for an entry level at minimum wage. I don't even think I want to do it for a living anymore, I'm fine with what I do. Also, doing it for a living seems daunting tbh. Life is pointless if there's too much stress

rottingkyre

rottingkyre

NEET
Jun 3, 2021
Trade and truckers (AI trucks are cope) will always be needed and rarely struggle with employment. Meanwhile codemonkeys grind for years and then have to fight tooth and nail for jobs while at the same time they are outsourced to the third world.
View attachment 33712
Almost every stat from top schools says otherwise, engineers have easier time finding job than fuking md's

rottingkyre

rottingkyre

NEET
Jun 3, 2021
@NeverEndingWinter the fuck are you laughing about? Most universities in my country have like 92%+ engineer students employment after 1 year of graduation. You have to be the worst of the worst to not get emplyed. A literal 5'2 janitor of coding.

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
Definitely coding not because it's a bad field in itself but because there's way too many people who want to get into it when it's not for them there's a giant gap in expectations vs reality because of the way it's constantly hyped everywhere

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I think it's gotta be trucking because they get paid crap compared to the amount of work they do and it's just not worth it
That heavily depends on the trucker specialization you go for. Tanker haulers, oil & gasoline haulers and any other difficult to transport liquid goods actually make huge loads of money. It's a night and day difference to those simple dry van haulers.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I think it's gotta be trucking because they get paid crap compared to the amount of work they do and it's just not worth it
I hired three virtual assistants to do research for me. They all work for me for 5 dollars a day. I might try to find a third virtual assistant who could write repetitive code for me. These virtual assistants all work for so little money that even I can afford to hire them for fun. I feel like a real big time business man tbh! :feelsmmm:

Good luck to everyone trying to find employment in the English speaking globalized labor markets. I think y'all have to learn a second or a third language no Slav, African, or Asian can speak. Or possess a niche skill and be able to do tasks that some random Asian from the internet can't do with a little bit of training :feelspat:

NarcyChadlite

NarcyChadlite

Aesthete, scholar, Meghan's husband
Apr 11, 2021
Becoming a code monkey unironically is the saddest meme there is
I will study physics chemistry and mathematics so... it will ge easy for me to learn how to code... I will only do it for a quick buck but in my heart lives science

Learn solidity and launcy decentralized apps if you wanna live like a bogatyr for the rest of your life. That's the greatest tip someone could give u, dapps are going to go haywire in the future

Being a trucker and a trader from home is comfy af, id go with trucker. I met a lot of based truckers in Krasnoyarsk and i gotta tell you theyre beyond based. Plus: you get to fuck whores who prostitute themselves on the road (they give u head, anal and normal)

Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
How tf do these niggas expect to get a job anyway. the field is way oversaturated and you're competing with high iq changs and chadpreets
Im from Eastern Euope shit hole, and there is 175 jobs in my city and 500 remote jobs offers and Im counting only JUNIORs AND INTERNs positions.
Starting salary is avarage salary in my country(and we all know most people earn way less than avarage salary), which is 1500 dollars per month, many american companies though.
If american comapany comes here and is hiring expernced programmers for 5000$ per moth theese programmers are happy af and they are becoming top 1% of earners.

Last edited:
Lucillian

Lucillian

Lecnilatir) Tomorrow will be a good day.
Nov 30, 2020
Definitely coding not because it's a bad field in itself but because there's way too many people who want to get into it when it's not for them there's a giant gap in expectations vs reality because of the way it's constantly hyped everywhere
@Fabio can u elab on the coding? if its shit what degree would u recommend?

Quarantined

Quarantined

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
thinking about coding makes me wanna cry, all the effort put in over the past 3 years so I can get a remote coding job but I'm still not even close to qualified for.
Wish I'd never seen all those youtube videos promising me 6 figure salary with just a couple months of learning code.
Anything else would have been a better waste of my time

fazz35

fazz35

NEET
Apr 15, 2022
thinking about coding makes me wanna cry, all the effort put in over the past 3 years so I can get a remote coding job but I'm still not even close to qualified for.
Wish I'd never seen all those youtube videos promising me 6 figure salary with just a couple months of learning code.
Anything else would have been a better waste of my time
I was about to enroll in a paid coding course lasting 6 months.
Maybe after this comment I'm starting to reconsider

Activity
So far there's no one here