Is the atmosphere in your home unpleasant because of your NEETness?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
As soon as I gave a few hints that I don't really want to work ... I felt a shift.

I've been feeling uneasy all day. It's subtle, but things changed. It's not going to be comfortable at home anymore, not as much as before at least. And this was just one vague mention, in a few weeks we'll have to really talk about it and I won't be able to properly dodge the subject.

Damn, I really will have to get a job. Honest to god I'd much rather die in my sleep, I really hope I do. But obviously that won't happen. There's just so many reasons why I don't want a job, there's like 6 different mental illnesses that make a job a living hell for me. 12+ years of depression/anhedonia, agoraphobia, anxiety and maybe even social anxiety, PTSD from social interactions/embarassments during alcoholism, avoidant personality, ADD, maybe even aspie etc... It's going to be horrible.

G

GigaChad™

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
No, and Im not a neet. I just spent a lot of time on the internet. My mum is such a euphoric and out going person; she keeps asking me why I havent brought a girl home yet (massive redflag) or why im not going out with my friends anymore, etc etc. I love her, but she is a bit annoying at times.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
when i wasnt working after collage, i could definitely tell the atmosphere was different. when my parents were away at work, it was like paradise. but when they got done with their shift every day during the week, I could sense they were upset I didn't find a job yet like them.

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
when i wasnt working after collage, i could definitely tell the atmosphere was different. when my parents were away at work, it was like paradise. but when they got done with their shift every day during the week, I could sense they were upset I didn't find a job yet like them.
What did you end up doing?
$0.50 Reply

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
My family know I'm a lost cause but my father often says that I should apply for certain jobs. He even said I should apply for a company that laid me off 5 years ago, there is no chance in hell I will work for a company that got rid of me once before, I would sleep on the streets before I would do that. I do feel bad being a NEET because I feel I should be doing something as my father had to slave for years for this house. This house was built in 1987 and my father had to slave for 20 years to pay the mortgage.

Last edited by a moderator:
gigacel123

gigacel123

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
Yeah. Even during high school, I could see that my parents secretly despised me. They get short-tempered as soon as they see my subhuman face.

Activity
So far there's no one here