If in the future docs are able to screen for autism in the womb, should the parents have the ability to euthanise?

T

Trees

NEET
Feb 6, 2022
I just ask because this is such a fucking shit and awful way to live, everyone thinks you're weird and creepy and often times you know that there's something different about you and that people treat you differently compared to others but are completely unable to actually understand what exactly you're doing wrong to make people treat you like this, it's just a fucking horrible torturous existence to have as a naturally social animal, and I wouldn't fucking wish it on any soul, we weren't meant to exist, to have autism means that all the things that make you a human are broken and defective, I very literally don't feel like an actual real human being

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
I just ask because this is such a fucking shit and awful way to live, everyone thinks you're weird and creepy and often times you know that there's something different about you and that people treat you differently compared to others but are completely unable to actually understand what exactly you're doing wrong to make people treat you like this, it's just a fucking horrible torturous existence to have as a naturally social animal, and I wouldn't fucking wish it on any soul, we weren't meant to exist, to have autism means that all the things that make you a human are broken and defective, I very literally don't feel like an actual real human being

IDK bro, I kinda disagree with you a bit. The reason you are treated this way is because those around you are shitty, narcissistic and fake people who will virtue signal saying they support this and that, and then laugh in your face.

Environment and having loving elders around you is everything in life.

One kid in my neighborhood is severely autistic, but guess what? Him and his parents walk by my house daily going for walks with him and supporting him until his last breath. I always wave at them and it makes me feel good to see people like that still around.

Do not listen to the noise, it can hurt you if you fail to disengage from it.

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
Just to add on, Autistic humans tend to see the world in a different way. Why should they be abolished??? Wrongthink??? Fuck that. Dogs also sense a different world than most humans.

There is a soul present in both cases, and one whose world view should be analyzed and understood rather than saying oh hahaha yea he is a retard blah blah blah such shitty thinking in a shitty fucking BS values society.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
The question is quite difficult to answer; parents of autistic children often have similar illnesses themselves. Mother has auditory psychosis and Eosinophillic Esophagitis, lung disease(Non-Smoker), Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.

Although schizophrenia is a strongly inherited disease with a heritability of 80% or more, the genetic basis of this disease is still elusive. A recent meta-analysis across SNP data from several large genomewide scans revealed that the risk of schizophrenia was significantly associated with a marker in intron four of the transcription factor 4 (TCF4) gene on chromosome 18q21.2 (Stefansson et al., 2009). Interestingly, a translational animal study recently showed that transgenic mice that moderately overexpress TCF4 postnatally in the brain display profound reductions in sensorimotor gating (Brzózka et al., 2010)—an established translational and behavioral endophenotype of schizophrenia (Gottesman and Gould, 2003). TCF4 is a class I basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) protein that is involved in the development of the mammalian CNS. Although TCF4 shows sustained expression in several brain regions throughout lifetime, its function in the adult CNS remains widely unclear (Soosaar et al., 1994; Flora et al., 2007).

Several neuropsychiatric disorders present diminished PPI (Braff et al., 2001), but this is most strongly evident in schizophrenia spectrum disorders (Braff et al., 1992; Cadenhead et al., 1993; Kumari et al., 2000; Parwani et al., 2000; Ludewig et al., 2003). Furthermore, PPI is heritable (Anokhin et al., 2003; Greenwood et al., 2007), reduced in unaffected relatives of schizophrenia patients

‘Inflammation is one likely candidate given that people with psychosis show higher levels of inflammatory markers than healthy individuals, and inflammation is a core feature of autoimmune disorders. However, other factors such as shared genes, autoantibodies targeting brain proteins, and infectious agents might also play a role, ’ says Dr Cullen.

'Whilst the mechanisms underlying this association remain unclear, this work suggests that careful monitoring of individuals with specific autoimmune diseases for early signs of psychosis is warranted. This is important, because we know that early intervention can improve clinical outcomes for people in the initial stages of a psychotic disorder.'

Activity
So far there's no one here