Story I went shopping this morning

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I quite enjoyed my time in thrift shops searching through the hoards of DVD's. I got 8 DVD's essentially for cheaper than the price of a 6 pack of coca cola. I even got a new sealed copy of Rocky IV for lose change. Thank God for normies and their Netflix as it made physical media prices plummet. It really activates my autism seeing all those DVD's in store.

I went to the sports store and I saw an LA Lakers jacket than NeetGod would have liked and plenty of tracksuits for Atila. I bought 5 XXL t shirts. The store didn't sell any larger than XXL so I was lucky that I fitted into them.

artificialanecdote

artificialanecdote

♫ In the 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖 lies the secret of creation ♫
Dec 13, 2020
comfythrift. good energy at the trash store.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
do you collect dvd's?

S

Satan

NEET
Apr 26, 2021
Autism

DreamSequence

DreamSequence

crazy ass white boy
Oct 21, 2021
I go through charity stores whenever I come across them, it's really comfy for books or clothes. I think I spent like 30 moneys for a good 15-20 books last time I went.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Agreed, those shops can be very comfy. There is also something nostalgic about them, at least for me because they remind me of my childhood and early teenage years where I spend more time in those places than now. Its like the time stands still there and you are a young teenager again, standing in front of a huge DVD collection taking the time to look at the cover art and everything.
That all might sound very dreamy but I think these days we just order everything with a few clicks and the buying experience is just not the same.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Agreed, those shops can be very comfy. There is also something nostalgic about them, at least for me because they remind me of my childhood and early teenage years where I spend more time in those places than now. Its like the time stands still there and you are a young teenager again, standing in front of a huge DVD collection taking the time to look at the cover art and everything.
That all might sound very dreamy but I think these days we just order everything with a few clicks and the buying experience is just not the same.
Today I got
Finding Nemo (with a nice shiny slipcover)
Sister Act
Dodgeball
Hangover 1+2 (with slipcover)
Non Stop
Driven (rare early 2000s cardboard case, not a plastic case)
Rocky III
Rocky IV sealed copy

DreamSequence

DreamSequence

crazy ass white boy
Oct 21, 2021
Today I got
Finding Nemo (with a nice shiny slipcover)
Sister Act
Dodgeball
Hangover 1+2 (with slipcover)
Non Stop
Driven (rare early 2000s cardboard case, not a plastic case)
Rocky III
Rocky IV sealed copy
Patrolling charity shops made me realise most norms have absolutely abysmal taste in books and movies. It's fucking tragic

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
https://fmovies.to/ is all the DVDs I'd ever need, costs me 0$.

Save the money and use it for something special instead. Maybe a hooker? Nah, feels like a waste if it's a one time thing. A pocket pussy? Now that's a purchase.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
https://fmovies.to/ is all the DVDs I'd ever need, costs me 0$.

Save the money and use it for something special instead. Maybe a hooker? Nah, feels like a waste if it's a one time thing. A pocket pussy? Now that's a purchase.

I don't buy them for the content, I buy for the artwork. Your streaming service doesn't provide you with artwork you can hold.
I actually considered collecting movie posters instead but they are more expensive than DVDs.

I had 2 pocket pussys before but they are too risky to have in house if you live with parents.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I don't buy them for the content, I buy for the artwork. Your streaming service doesn't provide you with artwork you can hold.
I actually considered collecting movie posters instead but they are more expensive than DVDs.

I had 2 pocket pussys before but they are too risky to have in house if you live with parents.
Yeah I'm not getting a pocket pussy after all either, even if they don't find it, it would just be a constant anxiety source because of the possibility of it being found.

Anyway, I might be totally wrong about this, but it could be a worthwhile idea, would it work? Idk, but it could!

You're American, right? Or UK, either way.

So let's say you pay $1 for each of those DVDs, for the artwork. And you plan on having a big collection, maybe even buying hundreds of DVDs in a few years.

So why not spend the money on something that gives you more versatility and maybe even saves you money?

In the UK/US technology is cheap compared to the rest of the world, right? And there's a wide selection. From Amazon to Bestbuy to Ebay to Craigslist, why not buy a poster printer (maybe even used) and print your own artwork if you are so passionate about it? Maybe even do some research, you could find something that can use off-brand ink? So the ink costs would be low.

Idk, it may be a stupid idea. I'm just fantasizing about what I'd do if I were in the US or UK (or Ireland or whatever). Damn, those are some great countries. Eastern europe is a fucking shithole, wish it had been nuked into oblivion.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Yeah I'm not getting a pocket pussy after all either, even if they don't find it, it would just be a constant anxiety source because of the possibility of it being found.

Anyway, I might be totally wrong about this, but it could be a worthwhile idea, would it work? Idk, but it could!

You're American, right? Or UK, either way.

So let's say you pay $1 for each of those DVDs, for the artwork. And you plan on having a big collection, maybe even buying hundreds of DVDs in a few years.

So why not spend the money on something that gives you more versatility and maybe even saves you money?

In the UK/US technology is cheap compared to the rest of the world, right? And there's a wide selection. From Amazon to Bestbuy to Ebay to Craigslist, why not buy a poster printer (maybe even used) and print your own artwork if you are so passionate about it? Maybe even do some research, you could find something that can use off-brand ink? So the ink costs would be low.

Idk, it may be a stupid idea. I'm just fantasizing about what I'd do if I were in the US or UK (or Ireland or whatever). Damn, those are some great countries. Eastern europe is a fucking shithole, wish it had been nuked into oblivion.

That idea has crossed my mind but I think it would still add up more expensive than the Blu Ray/DVD. I actually did that back in the DVD hay day in late 2000s with the movie Good Burger, I couldn't get a copy so I printed the art work. I also did that in the early 2000s with The Lion King VHS as I could never find a copy.
You would need very good paper which would probably be expensive and I am sure the ink price would be high too.
I also think if I bought a printer it would activate my autism in a negative way as I will be printing all sorts, all the different movie posters and different versions of the DVD cover from different countries. Just like when I was a child I would obsessively video tape all the shows I liked.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
That idea has crossed my mind but I think it would still add up more expensive than the Blu Ray/DVD. I actually did that back in the DVD hay day in late 2000s with the movie Good Burger, I couldn't get a copy so I printed the art work. I also did that in the early 2000s with The Lion King VHS as I could never find a copy.
You would need very good paper which would probably be expensive and I am sure the ink price would be high too.
I also think if I bought a printer it would activate my autism in a negative way as I will be printing all sorts, all the different movie posters and different versions of the DVD cover from different countries. Just like when I was a child I would obsessively video tape all the shows I liked.
Yeah, I can totally see that. Halfway through writing it I got outraged at ink prices and paper prices. Shit's a racket, a total scam.

That's a pretty cool OCD (or whatever it's called), I had that kind of thing too in the past with other things. Although now my brain can't handle that, I guess from all the years of literal rotting and from my 2 years as an alcoholic, I fried my brain so much it can't even process enough information to maintain this kind of OCD.

I do miss that kind of obsession though. Was fun.

Last edited:
CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Yeah, I can totally see that. Halfway through writing it I got outraged at ink prices and paper prices. Shit's a racket, a total scam.

That's a pretty cool OCD (or whatever it's called), I had that kind of thing too in the past with other things. Although now my brain can't handle that, I guess from all the years of literal rotting and from my 2 years as an alcoholic, I fried my brain so much it can't even process enough information to maintain this kind of OCD.

I do miss that kind of obsession though. Was fun.
I suppose it does distract you from life but I also find OCD actually physically hurts my brain, my brain is exhausted by the end of the day from all my autistic obsessive thinking.
Another point I should have made is that many Blu Rays have special features such as audio commentary with the director so it is always a bonus to have the disk.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I suppose it does distract you from life but I also find OCD actually physically hurts my brain, my brain is exhausted by the end of the day from all my autistic obsessive thinking.
Another point I should have made is that many Blu Rays have special features such as audio commentary with the director so it is always a bonus to have the disk.
I get it, you like collecting and having the full package. Not a bad hobby, good for you mate.

Activity
So far there's no one here