Serious I realised that clinging in the past is meaningless and probably harmful.

Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
I have this thoughts daily that I should learn useful skills earlier not now, or that I should start diet 1-2 years ago not now or that I should go to orthodontist with my teeth earlier etc. Mostly it is about learning useful skills though. And as much as my life could be better now if I did it 1-2-5 years ago the problem is I didnt do it and thinking about it or writing this post about it won't solve anything and actually Im wasting time and energy on train of thoughts of what ifs so not only I didnt do it in the past, but at the same time Im wasting present moment.
I didnt do many things and I regret not doing them, but shit, if I feel I should do them then I should simply do them not write this post.

I dont know maybe some of you are in prison of thoughts about your past too?

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
Yes the best cure for such thoughts is action otherwise you will feel miserable because you are torn between two sides: the side that wishes he did those things and the side that wants to ldar to cope

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
All the time but like you said its a waste of time and not healthy at all. It will only make you even more depressed, you are just torturing yourself. Keep yourself busy to avoid those thoughts, try to live in the present. I struggle with this too so I know its easier said than done.

Alexander

Alexander

Wagie
Nov 26, 2020
All the time but like you said its a waste of time and not healthy at all. It will only make you even more depressed, you are just torturing yourself. Keep yourself busy to avoid those thoughts, try to live in the present. I struggle with this too so I know its easier said than done.
Trying to live in the present is hard for a neet tbh. As your life tends to be quite uneventful(assuming that you're the shut-in type) , leaving you with nothing except your past experiences. It's pretty much impossible for me to not think about highschool for example , last time i was "active"

beaviz810izback

beaviz810izback

incels jfl
Apr 29, 2022
The past will always be the past.
What´s important is what you do from this day forward.
Clinging to old memories is not harmful, as long as you make new ones aswell.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Trying to live in the present is hard for a neet tbh. As your life tends to be quite uneventful(assuming that you're the shut-in type) , leaving you with nothing except your past experiences. It's pretty much impossible for me to not think about highschool for example , last time i was "active"
Yes its very hard. For me the biggest enemy is boredom. Because then I start to think too much and often I end up thinking about high school too. Thats why I said to keep yourself busy all the time.

Other triggers can be specific things from the past. Like one time I was plugging an old hard drive in to check some old gaming screenshots etc. When I saw old photos of me and my former friends I almost broke down crying.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I have this thoughts daily that I should learn useful skills earlier not now, or that I should start diet 1-2 years ago not now or that I should go to orthodontist with my teeth earlier etc. Mostly it is about learning useful skills though. And as much as my life could be better now if I did it 1-2-5 years ago the problem is I didnt do it and thinking about it or writing this post about it won't solve anything and actually Im wasting time and energy on train of thoughts of what ifs so not only I didnt do it in the past, but at the same time Im wasting present moment.
I didnt do many things and I regret not doing them, but shit, if I feel I should do them then I should simply do them not write this post.

The only way to move forward is to replace your regret with an accomplishment or you'll be fooling yourself into thinking you'll just get over it

G

guuguugaagaa

NEET
May 8, 2022
detachment
Images

Activity
So far there's no one here