I love my discipline/area of expertise but I hate work

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
I love the subject matter of my specialty. Reading about it, talking about it, etc but actually applying it is only enjoyable in limited amounts. It is VERY gratifying to do and do well on the occasion. But I would hate having to do this waking up at 6 or 7 AM, 5 days a week, 50 weeks per year, for 30-40 years.

I need to learn how to invest to never HAVE to work again but I just had this epiphany a few months ago. I dont know what to do. I am used to a lavish lifestyle and I definitely can’t ever downgrade to Poordom.

Last edited:
Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
People who say "just get paid to do what you love" haven't thought what they are saying fully through.

Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
when you have to do it for a living, it sucks the fun out of it

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
People who say "just get paid to do what you love" haven't thought what they are saying fully through.

No one wants to be forced into a thing 50 hours a week or even 30 for that matter...

I HATE commitment. My DREAM would be to be a hands-off owner of a business and “work” a maximum of 1 hour per week to check in on things.

Just hire a manager to stress for you theory.

If they know Billy is coming to check in on things on Friday Afternoon and then on friday afternoon I dont feel like doing it I will just blow it off and do it a different day. And I wont get fired because I answer to myself alone.

Activity
So far there's no one here