Venting I can only talk to people when I'm playing a role

Luzifer

Luzifer

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
I cannot vibe with people or articulate myself when I am being 'myself'.

While when I feel like I'm playing a role or a character, I can freely talk and vibe without problems, because I'm distanced of my ego.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Raguel

Raguel

The hardest work is to do nothing
Nov 27, 2020
I was a 15-16. There was a local social media with dating profiles, forums and all. Was quite trending among my peers. I failed miserably using my own profile.
What I did then was, since I lacked friends in real life, I created like 10 accounts with different personalities. And was able to make friends easily with each of them. This madness went on for 3-4 months, until when I started making my own personalities interact with each other (for strategic reasons) things started to go twisted. Some of my alter egos made many people angry and some guys started looking for him. I took photos for that profile from one guy and before they went on to him, I stopped these games.
Looking back still can't stop wondering what kind of a psycho would even do that LMFAO

Luzifer

Luzifer

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
I was a 15-16. There was a local social media with dating profiles, forums and all. Was quite trending among my peers. I failed miserably using my own profile.
What I did then was, since I lacked friends in real life, I created like 10 accounts with different personalities. And was able to make friends easily with each of them. This madness went on for 3-4 months, until when I started making my own personalities interact with each other (for strategic reasons) things started to go twisted. Some of my alter egos made many people angry and some guys started looking for him. I took photos for that profile from one guy and before they went on to him, I stopped these games.
Looking back still can't stop wondering what kind of a psycho would even do that LMFAO
Yeah, I can relate to that as I've done similar. Creating new characters is so easy, and being myself impossible.
Did you completely stop after that, or kept doing it in some other way

Raguel

Raguel

Nov 27, 2020
Omg, it felt like I createdm y own small world, but in a community with real ppl. Some of them didn't intersect at all, some had mutual friends and supporting each other LOL, I created like 9 males and 1 female. Some of them had real photos with real names, some were fictional.
I made so many cool normie friends with them and most of them never found out that it wasn't a real person. I felt a little sad about this

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I do. I have these metaphorical masks I can put on and it's like I've become that person. It's like I've always been that and I know what he'll say and how he'll react. I've never been myself with anyone in my life.

Raguel

Raguel

Nov 27, 2020
Yeah, I can relate to that as I've done similar. Creating new characters is so easy, and being myself impossible.
Did you completely stop after that, or kept doing it in some other way
It was about time when I moved to another house where was a PC and I started playing dota for my free time.
But the main reason I stopped doing that completely is, started bugging me. Some of these fake accs got into some real deeply attached relationships with ppl. Didn't wanna go on playing on their feelings

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
What about it
It reminds me of this thread you made a while ago.

F

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Nov 29, 2020
It reminds me of this thread you made a while ago.
Oh ye lol

Activity
So far there's no one here