Depression I barely have any trade and craft skills

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Probably a common sheltered neetcel/ hermit / hikki trait but its still embarassing and kinda emasculating if you ask me.

I mean sure I know some absolute basics like painting a wall, drilling a nail in the wall, using a drill to hang a picture, measure and install a new bookshelf or smth. But there are some things that I have no clue how to do it like changing a car tire for example. How should I know? I never owned a car. I would have to look it up.

When it comes to tech fields like building a computer I don't really have problems. But there are so many things that I couldn't build, install or repair. I'm mainly talking about all kinds of construction work inside or around the house. Our neighbour built his driveway with stone pavers completely on his own. I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm only a user and consumer, that's it.:feelsbad:

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
same, im not qualified for jack shit, im 26. its over
Same here, I'm bad with my hands. The only thing I'm competent at is fapping
[UWSL][UWSL]How do you think you would get along if you started going to trade school now? [UWSL][UWSL]I think they would kick me out after a few weeks as they probably think I'm lazy [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]and "slow"[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL].[/UWSL][/UWSL]

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
[UWSL][UWSL]How do you think you would get along if you started going to trade school now? [UWSL][UWSL]I think they would kick me out after a few weeks as they probably think I'm lazy [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]and "slow"[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL].[/UWSL][/UWSL]
I've considered it. I wanted to be an aircraft mechanic/technician and I was looking into the courses. Thing is, I remember the arts and craft lessons back in school. I could barely make a thing. I'd imagine my experience would mirror that and it would just eventually be a waste of money. I genuinely believe there's nothing I'm good at

F

FullTimeRotter

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
i would flake after a couple of months and get kicked out

aksu_aks1

aksu_aks1

EBTmaxxed Goatmaxxing Advocate
Nov 16, 2021
I mean sure I know some absolute basics like painting a wall, drilling a nail in the wall, using a drill to hang a picture, measure and install a new bookshelf or smth. But there are some things that I have no clue how to do it like changing a car tire for example. How should I know? I never owned a car. I would have to look it up.
-same
-applying for semi skill manual jobs anyway

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I can't even do the basics, I tried to use a hand drill once and my hands are so small and weak that I couldn't keep it steady to drill the nail in. I am the ultimate sissy beta boy. I can't even blame my genetics as my father is a carpenter and my uncle owns a kitchen factory.

I also can't change a car tyre although I don't think it would be that difficult, I just don't have the tools required for that.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
I was talking about this with a friend. Both of our dads can do pretty much any diy task from fixing cars to renovating a house, and their dads could too it seems like our generation was the one where they just decided to ditch passing the torch of knowledge down. Either that or we're slowly getting more retarded with each generation. Probably a bit of both

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
still mogs me
Keep in mind that it would take me a long time to do all the tasks I listed. And the results would be very sloppy, like as if a father lets his 14 year old son do it just for fun.

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
Probably a common sheltered neetcel/ hermit / hikki trait but its still embarassing and kinda emasculating if you ask me.

When it comes to tech fields like building a computer I don't really have problems. But there are so many things that I couldn't build, install or repair. I'm mainly talking about all kinds of construction work inside or around the house. Our neighbour built his driveway with stone pavers completely on his own. I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm only a user and consumer, that's it.:feelsbad:

I was talking about this with a friend. Both of our dads can do pretty much any diy task from fixing cars to renovating a house, and their dads could too it seems like our generation was the one where they just decided to ditch passing the torch of knowledge down. Either that or we're slowly getting more retarded with each generation. Probably a bit of both

This is very true. If you look at most people who can do this type of work well, they started young and were trained most likely by their elders. Starting any skill while young and learning the ropes that way makes all the difference in the world, works in any industry.

Just like anything, it takes practice and making mistakes before you get good.

Activity
So far there's no one here