how useful is japanese outside of Japan

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
I’m already planning a trip to Japan. I don’t know jack shit about visas and the entire process but I wanted to live there for a few years nothing long term.

The purpose of the trip is to understand japan. I want to get to the know the country that produces all the shit I like. But I don’t want to invest on the Japanese language knowing that it’s pretty useless outside of Japan and I might lose fluency.

so do you think a 3 months will be enough for me to understand everything Japan and get a good idea in the culture? Like I said I like the country but I don’t want to invest heavily on it money and time wise.

G

GigaChad™

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
not this japo shit again

dumbass useless language

Attachments

• 10l51j926xp61.png
    10l51j926xp61.png
    832 KB · Views: 46
Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
If you're interested in the anime culture or whatever it's called, learn it in my opinion. It doesn't necessarily have to be useful in any other field. If you have a certain goal like, I'll read this manga in japanese, you'll be more motivated and you'll progress much faster.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
if you are fluent in japanese you can, outside japan:
-teach japanese
-be a translator for some company
and that's about it I think
both are cucked choices. I don’t want to be a teacher and definitely don’t want to be a translator.

im just looking to understand the Japanese. Obviously learning a language helps understanding a culture. But I’m not looking to become a salaryman. I just want a good idea of what Japan is and what makes the people in there able to come up with crazy shit like this

so my question really is how much time and effort should me put in my quest to understand Japan.

Activity
So far there's no one here