Discussion How many work days do you guys have.Never worked a day or?

dragon47

dragon47

Banned
Dec 8, 2020
I worked for 5 days at mcdonalds as a cleaner.On the last day the boss politely told me that maybe this job isnt for me and how they would not extend my contract.I had a couple of days left on my contract but i just texted him i wont be coming anymore.Havent worked a day since.

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
I worked at a bakery until i got into an argument with Karen, i told her to go fuck herself, removed my apron and left.

It was two weeks after my paycheck so two weeks went down the drain.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
I've worked like three different jobs. I worked for an estate agent that made me drive all around the city to do inspections and move in tenants for 4 months. It was the worst job ever and I consequently began to loathe driving in it's entirety. The other two were retail jobs, which wouldn't be bad if I didn't have bad anxiety tbh.

klo666ar

klo666ar

aspiring mentalcel
Nov 28, 2020
tbh i try to work and i cant endure more than 5 months or i quite or they trow me out my total is likq a 1 yr of full time minwage job where i try to hide and do nothing this is for full time , for part time where i need to work 8 hours a week i endure for many yrs but part time in my shithole so only old foids jut do this part times or some poor students.

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

Maximum OverNEET
Dec 9, 2020
4 years, 40/hr week contract but often made overtime. I was NEET 20-26 years old, worked 26-30 years old, NEET from 30-present again.

Job paid well but wasn't tolerable, had to quit to preserve sanity.

Got a new job as a personal trainer almost instantly in a gym, completely new direction, but then corona happened so I was canned. Didn't really like the job anyway and my direct manager was a massive (racist) cunt, I was excessively limited by management in what I could and should do as well (i.e. job consisted of tons of cold calling to ask people if they wanted to come in and have a trial lesson. Lots of cleaning up/vacuuming the gym as well. Refilling coffee machine. Taking calls. Very little actual coaching, maybe 10% of the time).

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
4 years, 40/hr week contract but often made overtime. I was NEET 20-26 years old, worked 26-30 years old, NEET from 30-present again.

Job paid well but wasn't tolerable, had to quit to preserve sanity.

Got a new job as a personal trainer almost instantly in a gym, completely new direction, but then corona happened so I was canned. Didn't really like the job anyway and my direct manager was a massive (racist) cunt, I was excessively limited by management in what I could and should do as well (i.e. job consisted of tons of cold calling to ask people if they wanted to come in and have a trial lesson. Lots of cleaning up/vacuuming the gym as well. Refilling coffee machine. Taking calls. Very little actual coaching, maybe 10% of the time).
What are your opinions on Jason Blaha?

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

Maximum OverNEET
Dec 9, 2020
What are your opinions on Jason Blaha?
His workout advice isn't horrible especially compared to what's out there, it's nothing too outlandish or out of the ordinary (focus on compound lifts, don't trust supplement companies, yadayadaya), but he himself as a character is very entertaining. He made up elaborate lies about being a government spy, mercenary, hitman etc., if you are interested check out http://www.genovapedia.org/blahapedia.html or some of the deep dives on youtube about his persona.

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
His workout advice isn't horrible especially compared to what's out there, it's nothing too outlandish or out of the ordinary (focus on compound lifts, don't trust supplement companies, yadayadaya), but he himself as a character is very entertaining. He made up elaborate lies about being a government spy, mercenary, hitman etc., if you are interested check out http://www.genovapedia.org/blahapedia.html or some of the deep dives on youtube about his persona.
What do you think of the routine that I am doing:
1x1rm compound lower
1x1rm compound upper
no warmups or anything else

This is the thread I made about it: https://neets.me/threads/i-have-perfected-the-ultimate-no-effort-neet-workout.365/

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

NEETmax2TheBrimBoyo

Maximum OverNEET
Dec 9, 2020
What do you think of the routine that I am doing:
1x1rm compound lower
1x1rm compound upper
no warmups or anything else

This is the thread I made about it: https://neets.me/threads/i-have-perfected-the-ultimate-no-effort-neet-workout.365/

It's actually not too bad but there's some glaring issues with it. I understand it's a minimalist program and not supposed to take you to the Olympics so I'll keep that in mind, but still:

1. no warm-up: the goal of warming up is a) general increase in body temperature and heart rate, b) taking your joints to relevant ranges of motion and c) neurologically preparing yourself to output force. The reason you don't want to jump from a long night's sleep into your 1RM is because it greatly increases your risk of injury and limits the amount of force you can generate and thus how much weight you can lift.

2. low volume: volume is the main driver of hypertrophy (hypertrophy = gaining muscle mass). You have high frequency though so it's not as bad but incorporating even minimal changes would overdeliver on results compared to the extra effort. A lot of high frequency program's such as Smolov, Bulgarian Method, Bulgarian Light etc. incorporate back-off sets after reaching your daily maximum (which is usually 85-90% of your true 1RM), but also have some volume in the form of ramping sets.

3. you advocate for an 'anything goes' technique on the bench press which I cannot recommend. I'm not your mother so I won't tell you what to do, but I think you underestimate the extent to how much you can fuck up your shoulders and how relatively easy it is to do so.

4. no rowing movement (which shouldn't be done 1RM style), keeping in term with the minimalist style of the workout as well as not requiring any specific equipment I'd recommend doing 1 set of australian pull-ups (sometimes also called inverted pull-ups or bodyweight rows) until technical failure

Some things I did like:

1. going to great lengths to standardize range of motion, especially the hex-bar deadlift implementation and reasoning was quite genius

2. pin bench press is pretty NEET neat because it removes some of the stretch reflex that you get with regular bench presses, but doesn't introduce uncertain elements you'd get with pause benching

3. micro-plates are awesome

4. you're actually doing something to begin with - a lot of people just LDAR all day and that is just not the way to go imo

dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

the supreme youngcel gentleman
Nov 26, 2020
Still in school, never worked
Wagie wagie get in cagie

SegmentationFault

SegmentationFault

Trying to stay whitepilled
Nov 27, 2020
almost 2 years total (counting paid internships)
both internships were web development positions (I fucking hate web development tbhtbh)
the only formal job was a low wage job at a college library, normalfaggots that worked there made fun of me because I'm ugly... high school never ends :feelsbad::feelsbad:

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
It's actually not too bad but there's some glaring issues with it. I understand it's a minimalist program and not supposed to take you to the Olympics so I'll keep that in mind, but still:

1. no warm-up: the goal of warming up is a) general increase in body temperature and heart rate, b) taking your joints to relevant ranges of motion and c) neurologically preparing yourself to output force. The reason you don't want to jump from a long night's sleep into your 1RM is because it greatly increases your risk of injury and limits the amount of force you can generate and thus how much weight you can lift.

2. low volume: volume is the main driver of hypertrophy (hypertrophy = gaining muscle mass). You have high frequency though so it's not as bad but incorporating even minimal changes would overdeliver on results compared to the extra effort. A lot of high frequency program's such as Smolov, Bulgarian Method, Bulgarian Light etc. incorporate back-off sets after reaching your daily maximum (which is usually 85-90% of your true 1RM), but also have some volume in the form of ramping sets.

3. you advocate for an 'anything goes' technique on the bench press which I cannot recommend. I'm not your mother so I won't tell you what to do, but I think you underestimate the extent to how much you can fuck up your shoulders and how relatively easy it is to do so.

4. no rowing movement (which shouldn't be done 1RM style), keeping in term with the minimalist style of the workout as well as not requiring any specific equipment I'd recommend doing 1 set of australian pull-ups (sometimes also called inverted pull-ups or bodyweight rows) until technical failure

Some things I did like:

1. going to great lengths to standardize range of motion, especially the hex-bar deadlift implementation and reasoning was quite genius

2. pin bench press is pretty NEET neat because it removes some of the stretch reflex that you get with regular bench presses, but doesn't introduce uncertain elements you'd get with pause benching

3. micro-plates are awesome

4. you're actually doing something to begin with - a lot of people just LDAR all day and that is just not the way to go imo
ok thank you, I will keep that in mind

Activity
So far there's no one here