Venting How do people like us manage?

Disorder

Disorder

Why the world gotta be like this?
Nov 29, 2020
I don't understand how some of you can live relatively normal lives or muster the effort to be somewhat productive knowing that you were doomed from the start by your genetics, environment or upbringing.

Is it societal pressure, fear of failing your family or something else that keeps you going? Am I missing something? Am I just a pathetic, defeatist piece of shit?

[UWSL]Wageslaving for a "normal" life just doesn't seem worth while to me, life in general doesn't seem worth while anymore. I can't cope knowing how easy some people have it while I was born into this absolute joke of a life. [/UWSL]

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Interesting post. I have some questions. I understand that many people don't like answering them :feelsstudy:

1. What's a normal life?
2. Doomed from the start... Do you believe that you can't influence your life?
3. What makes you think your life isn't worth living?
4. What do you mean by saying that some people have it easy?
5. Why do you think your life is a joke?

Disorder

Disorder

Nov 29, 2020
Interesting post. I have some questions. I understand that many people don't like answering them :feelsstudy:

1. What's a normal life?
2. Doomed from the start... Do you believe that you can't influence your life?
3. What makes you think your life isn't worth living?
4. What do you mean by saying that some people have it easy?
5. Why do you think your life is a joke?
1. Career, social life, functioning member of society.
2. Of course not but there are many things that will never change.
3. Was dealt a shit hand, might as well fold.
4. People who are born into good families, into wealth or blessed with good genetics have it much easier than everyone else.
5. Not worth going into detail.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
1. What's the problem if you believe that normal life isn't worth pursuing?
2. What are the things that you believe will never change?
3. Shit hand... Do you believe that life is a game?
4. What do they have much easier in your opinion?
5. Why not? :feelsstudy:

Disorder

Disorder

Nov 29, 2020
1. What's the problem if you believe that normal life isn't worth pursuing?
2. What are the things that you believe will never change?
3. Shit hand... Do you believe that life is a game?
4. What do they have much easier in your opinion?
5. Why not? :feelsstudy:
Where the fuck do I begin in reversing my twisted outlook?

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I've probably ruminated on ending my life thousands of times since a kid, always in the back of my mind was this idea that I need something to be just a little bit more whole/complete/happy. Listening to a variety of Buddhist monks gave me a drastically different perspective on myself and suffering to the point where I don't ruminate or think that life is a drag now. Everything is temporary and suffering will always be with you. That sounds shitty at first but it's not, I think it's a honest evaluation of reality. If you get a wife, you'd have relationship woes. If you don't and stay single, you'll have single woes. If you work, you'll have working woes. If you don't work, you'll have NEET woes. No matter what you do in some degree or form, you will suffer. The idea that something will permanently alleviate suffering and you will be complete is an illusion.

You can greatly reduce suffering though by realizing what I posted above is true and by meditating when life becomes too troublesome. There's science backing this but essentially in meditation, you're in an altered state of consciousness much different then the one you're in right now. Meditation builds up parts of your prefrontal cortex that regulates emotions. When you meditate, you get a flood of thoughts. Instead of engaging in them, instead of giving them weight, you give them no weight. If you think "I feel shitty" as an example while meditating, instead of immediately feeding this thought like you'd be likely to do in your default mode of consciousness, you don't pay attention to it. Then you realize it's all just a thought. Your conception of yourself, your feelings, your ideas of what life should be like, what would make you happy, it's just thoughts.

I think if you want to change your perspective, the best way is to listen to wise men. Here's one of my favorite stories by a Buddhist monk called Ajahn Brahm.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
the fact that you get judged and treated on the cards you where dealt is very brutal to me

W

WeebHunter3000

CEO of BBC
Jun 13, 2021
I’m just gonna be a downer and say life isn’t worth it. Maybe if everyone had good parents but my parents fucked me and my bro so bad it’s a joke to say things can get better. Tbh we both decided just to rope eventually.

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
I believe it’s because I’ll inherit and have hope to ascend in a third world shithole where I’ll live like a king.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Hoping for a miracle
Bocchi1

And that hope is slowly killing me

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Good post. For me it's that one day I feel exactly like you described but the next day I feel productive, happy, almost euphoric idk. What helps me is to go for a walk two/ three times a week to clear my mind, like pushing a reset button. Also don't think about the past or future too much, just focus on the present moment and your cope.
But I totally get what you mean, idk how I even cope with this shit life maybe being depressed for over a decade makes you just numb.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
I don't understand how some of you can live relatively normal lives or muster the effort to be somewhat productive knowing that you were doomed from the start by your genetics, environment or upbringing.

Is it societal pressure, fear of failing your family or something else that keeps you going? Am I missing something? Am I just a pathetic, defeatist piece of shit?

[UWSL]Wageslaving for a "normal" life just doesn't seem worth while to me, life in general doesn't seem worth while anymore. I can't cope knowing how easy some people have it while I was born into this absolute joke of a life. [/UWSL]
thanks for writing this. I have the same thoughts. I’m a young lad and this is unbearable and unfair. I can’t even imagine how some people are able to put up with this treatment their entire life. Every day for me feels heavier than the one before.

After everything that has happen in the world. A lot of people seem to be thinking like us neets. Why would you work for a wage that you can’t even enjoy your life with just to make someone richer. Maybe my way of thinking is retarded but if you don’t have any million dollar ventures then why even bother going out? It’s an all or nothing with me. Rags or riches no in between.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020

Because living is all we have known and survival instincts are a bitch. What else are we supposed to do apart from cope and cope?

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
Because living is all we have known and survival instincts are a bitch. What else are we supposed to do apart from cope and cope?
yeah I suppose if you practice mindfulness and humbleness then you can cope well with the idea that you have a roof, food, and various entertainment to pass the time with. That’s good an all but it does not sit well with me.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020

Agreed it's all or nothing I would rather be on welfare then fall some where in between a wage cuck and a beta buxer. Simply put life is not worth it any more. And it's only going to get worse. Every career I want is unattainable, or has crushing criteria or brutal hours.

On the other hand I'm terrified of dying like where do we go to some weird ghost world. Dont know but our experience is real and extremely disturbing.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
Agreed it's all or nothing I would rather be on welfare then fall some where in between a wage cuck and a beta buxer. Simply put life is not worth it any more. And it's only going to get worse. Every career I want is unattainable, or has crushing criteria or brutal hours.

On the other hand I'm terrified of dying like where do we go to some weird ghost world. Dont know but our experience is real and extremely disturbing.
I said it a few time already. Most jobs that pay 6 figures will squeeze the life out of you. Not to mention that you need a good work ethic, good career progression, and high IQ to get and maintain that job. In today’s world 100k don’t buy you shit. It really is becoming hard to justify wagecucking. It’s no wonder why new generations at least form my perspective are much more entrepreneurial and desire their own business.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I plan to neck self in my 50s so that thought keeps me going. Imagine living to old age and ending up in some state sponsored retirement home surrounded by old normies talking about their great lives they had lived.

Activity
So far there's no one here