Discussion Have you ever tried medications? How did they effect you?

NCRcel

NCRcel

Wishing for nuclear winter.
Nov 29, 2020
I've tried medication before, it was an SSRI medication for depression and it actually did work... a little too well. I became super hyperactive and went from being almost completely sedentary to spending most of my days walking around my city doing random shit. I had so much energy pent up inside me that I simply could not stay still.

I began to make very irrational decisions, like selling my beloved gaming laptop to buy hiking gear because suddenly I wanted to become a mountaineer and take up mountain climbing classes... all of this just out of the blue.

Eventually after one of my family members became concerned with my extremely altered personality I told my doctor about this and he diagnosed me with mania. He wanted to try a different medicine, but I just wanted to stay on the current one and ignored him.

Eventually, I developed severe side effects like extreme sweating (to the point my shirt would be soaked) and fast heart rate. I was briefly hospitalized and diagnosed with a potentially deadly illness called "Serotonin Syndrome" caused by the SSRI Lexapro and had to immediately stop the medication and recieve some other medication through an IV to reduce the serotonin in my blood.

What ensued was probably the worst 3 weeks of my life, extreme depression to the point I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes some days. "Brain zaps" just google it, I can't possibly explain it to you. But basically these are mini seizures that happen when you suddenly withdraw from SSRI's. 24/7 thoughts of suicide. Extreme uncontrollable anger to the point of literally screaming at the top of my lungs and breaking things. And to think I felt "depressed" before taking this poison.

Eventually, I went back to my old sedentary self who just sits around most days. This experience scared me away from medication. But it was still an interesting experience I'll never forget. When I was manic, I did things I previously thought myself to be incapable of. It completely 180° changed my personality and the way I perceived things. I would literally go on 5 mile walks in the mountains, after being sedentary and anhedonic for probably 8 years. I lost 15 pounds in the brief time I was on it. And most interestingly, I was not aware of these dramatic personality changes. Others had to tell me about these changes. This experience actually introduced me to the idea that we don't really control our behavior, and have only limited awareness of what we do.

jaded jabble

jaded jabble

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
I've tried medication before, it was an SSRI medication for depression and it actually did work... a little too well. I became super hyperactive and went from being almost completely sedentary to spending most of my days walking around my city doing random shit. I had so much energy pent up inside me that I simply could not stay still.

I began to make very irrational decisions, like selling my beloved gaming laptop to buy hiking gear because suddenly I wanted to become a mountaineer and take up mountain climbing classes... all of this just out of the blue.

Eventually after one of my family members became concerned with my extremely altered personality I told my doctor about this and he diagnosed me with mania. He wanted to try a different medicine, but I just wanted to stay on the current one and ignored him.

Eventually, I developed severe side effects like extreme sweating (to the point my shirt would be soaked) and fast heart rate. I was briefly hospitalized and diagnosed with a potentially deadly illness called "Serotonin Syndrome" caused by the SSRI Lexapro and had to immediately stop the medication and recieve some other medication through an IV to reduce the serotonin in my blood.

What ensued was probably the worst 3 weeks of my life, extreme depression to the point I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes some days. "Brain zaps" just google it, I can't possibly explain it to you. But basically these are mini seizures that happen when you suddenly withdraw from SSRI's. 24/7 thoughts of suicide. Extreme uncontrollable anger to the point of literally screaming at the top of my lungs and breaking things. And to think I felt "depressed" before taking this poison.

Eventually, I went back to my old sedentary self who just sits around most days. This experience scared me away from medication. But it was still an interesting experience I'll never forget. When I was manic, I did things I previously thought myself to be incapable of. It completely 180° changed my personality and the way I perceived things. I would literally go on 5 mile walks in the mountains, after being sedentary and anhedonic for probably 8 years. I lost 15 pounds in the brief time I was on it. And most interestingly, I was not aware of these dramatic personality changes. Others had to tell me about these changes. This experience actually introduced me to the idea that we don't really control our behavior, and have only limited awareness of what we do.
Dont want to dox myself tbh but i take medication

Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
make me goon for most of the day

artificialanecdote

artificialanecdote

♫ In the 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖 lies the secret of creation ♫
Dec 13, 2020
good thread. yes i agree, since we are mostly a chemical factory roaming the planet in search of food and holes to fuck, freewill is 99% a myth. it is amazing how our lives and personalities can change in such a short time.

i take a medicine to keep the mania away. it takes toll on my life in other ways, but it helps me to sleep a full night. i recently tried lithium, it was almost euphoric and i had interesting dreams. this can likely help many, as most of us are deficient, but it is not my usual bipolar med.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020

I have taken a few different anti depressants throughout my life and have had issues with them.
I don't think I have taken any more than that just some opiates when I had some surgeries

ostracizedincel

ostracizedincel

NEET
Nov 27, 2020
You have a hard time cooming on SSRI's, they also made me feel emotionless and tired all the time

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
Damn that’s actually tempting.
I get limited euphoria from alcohol but with the side effects and drawbacks that come with it, for example it’s illegal to drive under influence so it’s kinda impossible to use alcohol to go out and conquer the world. I’m much more witty and chatty after a few glasses though. When I’m sober I feel terribly depressed and can barely speak.

amabo

amabo

NEET
Dec 17, 2020
When I don’t take Sertraline I get more autisticy

S

saber

Banned
Dec 13, 2020
citalopram or somethingm was supposed to take it for a month but after a week i flushed those mofos down the toilet, made me feel weird

dragon47

dragon47

Banned
Dec 8, 2020
Meditation is bluepill cope.Just look at the most bluepilled site reddit:
r/meditation-600k subscribers
r/buddhism-400k subscribers

Eren

Eren

‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏
Nov 28, 2020
All I got is adderall. as for how it affects me- the stuff is just coffee on roids w/ dopamine

builderseed

builderseed

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
yes i was given medication while in the nuthouse and was told to continue taking it. i stopped almost immediately after i was released

L

liazi

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
still on lexapro, maybe a small positive difference with some zombifying qualities
was on risperidone, literally didn't do anything except help me sleep
With some conditions you have to take both because they work together.
Also, risperidone to me is very important as without good sleep I get very paranoid and irritable as hell.
I take both, I don't feel quite depressed but I'm unable to do anything productive, I think I need therapy, but given my environment it would be useless.

01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
After an Injury, I was prescribed to take Codeine (A Powerful Pain Killer) twice a Day. I wasn't really feeling any Pain to begin with. I noticed before I gave up on them, just before the 4th intake, that I was surprisingly addicted to the idea of continually taking them anyway, just to measure time passing.

Codeine is a notorious Drug that American Patients get addicted to.

Last edited:
S

Sorcerer

North-Atlantid Slayer. 6.5 inch dick. Blue-Eyes #1
Dec 9, 2020
This is the only Medication I need:

maxresdefault.jpg

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Yes.

Concerta and Fluoxetine 20mg in the morning, around 3:00 AM. Fluoxetine 40mg around 1:00 PM. Mirtazapine 15mg around 6:00 PM. Melatonin around 7:00/8:00 PM.

Tylenol 300mg around 7:00 AM. Ondansetron 4mg around 10:00 AM.

B

bitcoin

NEET
Apr 11, 2022
The mind is a funny thing huh. Sexhavers really take it for granite.

patientfrog

patientfrog

NEET Royalty
Apr 21, 2022
Yes.

Concerta and Fluoxetine 20mg in the morning, around 3:00 AM. Fluoxetine 40mg around 1:00 PM. Mirtazapine 15mg around 6:00 PM. Melatonin around 7:00/8:00 PM.

Tylenol 300mg around 7:00 AM. Ondansetron 4mg around 10:00 AM.
sorry to hear that. Save for extreme cases, stay as far as you can away from psychiatry. I should know, i've been in the psychiatric system for 14 years now, but am tapering slowly off these drugs without psych doc approval. I know a guy whose kidney went to hell because of psych drugs. now, he's looking for a kidney donor. Think those docs who prescribed him the drugs will be there on his deathbed when he fails to find a kidney? absolutely not. Also, I'm sure the 'science' done back then didn't warn that it may have that effect. in essence, he's screwed, but his failure inspired me to get the fuck away from psychiatrists.

klo666ar

klo666ar

aspiring mentalcel
Nov 28, 2020
my bitch mother was puting me on antipsychotichs 1st gen on age 7 because she wanted some kind of control because she was not my BIO mother , then i dont know how many times i was on this shit ,but when i was old enauf they try me on antidepresants or benzo shit ,but i never wanted to be on this so i just see myself in bad spot when on meds no good efect only high from benzo and fucked up state from antidepresants n shit:feelseek:

i dont need meds and friends

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
I tried around 5 different Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and all I felt was more tired and unmotivated.

They killed my sex drive too, but being as my right hand is my eternal soul mate, that didn't matter too much!

Depression and anxiety meds help women more, they're designed for them to cope with feeling down even when everything else in their life is amazing!

Let me ask you this. If you're a NEET male wit[UWSL]h no love or support emotionally/sexually in your life ever and it goes on for years. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]You are isolated and reach out to the few friends you had, but you get ignored. You also recieve very low unemployment payments or don't qualify. Will you feel [/UWSL]
[UWSL]a tad depressed, anxious or even suicidal? [/UWSL]

[UWSL]AND WILL A PILL FIX ANY OF THAT? :clown:[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I quit my last SSRI in the end without seeing the useless doctor, that one was fluoxetine. It did make me feel a little better at first, but didn't last even when I upped the dose. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]After I quit I experienced triple brain zaps and still feel them sometimes when I awake in the night, even though its been over 5 years.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]That shit is poison. [/UWSL]

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I tried around 5 different Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and all I felt was more tired and unmotivated.

They killed my sex drive too, but being as my right hand is my eternal soul mate, that didn't matter too much!

Depression and anxiety meds help women more, they're designed for them to cope with feeling down even when everything else in their life is amazing!

Let me ask you this. If you're a NEET male wit[UWSL]h no love or support emotionally/sexually in your life ever and it goes on for years. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]You are isolated and reach out to the few friends you had, but you get ignored. You also recieve very low unemployment payments or don't qualify. Will you feel [/UWSL]
[UWSL]a tad depressed, anxious or even suicidal? [/UWSL]

[UWSL]AND WILL A PILL FIX ANY OF THAT? :clown:[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I quit my last SSRI in the end without seeing the useless doctor, that one was fluoxetine. It did make me feel a little better at first, but didn't last even when I upped the dose. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]After I quit I experienced triple brain zaps and still feel them sometimes when I awake in the night, even though its been over 5 years.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]That shit is poison. [/UWSL]
Yes, pills are not the answer.

Activity
So far there's no one here