Have you ever been happy

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
Genuinely satisfied with life? I can't remember ever being happy even as a kid I remember always being depressed and cast out I know that's not going to be most people because the other kids were always playing laughing and having a good time but not me I was always on the outside looking in as far as I can remember.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Genuinely satisfied with life? I can't remember ever being happy even as a kid I remember always being depressed and cast out I know that's not going to be most people because the other kids were always playing laughing and having a good time but not me I was always on the outside looking in as far as I can remember.
Sorry to hear that I I sometimes have short burst of happiness cause I'm watching my favorite show or basketball team, fucking hookers but it never last very long about 90 percent I'm depressed

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Already depressed and never happy even in your childhood? Goddamn, that sounds very rough ngl. Being an outcast aside didn't you atleast enjoy videogames or building lego/playmobile castles or something like that? Watching TV?
2007-2010 maybe, I had nothing to worry about and I enjoyed peak of WoW.
Vanilla WoW, TBC, Wotlk wasn't just a game..it was a gigantic dopamine factory. Good times.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
I remember playing MW2 and GTA 4 during the summer holidays with my frens. I had nothing to worry about and I didn't care about anything. It's easy to be happy as a child because you're still just nothing more than potential. You can't be deemed a failure or a loser

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
yes, i value some good moments and memories , i try to be happy when something good happens to me , it...helps me
That's a good approach. I think one of the ways especially for us neets to maximize happiness is to become like children again in some ways. What I mean by that is trying to live in the moment, enjoy the present moment while ignoring everything else and stop worrying about future or past.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
That's a good approach. I think one of the ways especially for us neets to maximize happiness is to become like children again in some ways. What I mean by that is trying to live in the moment, enjoy the present moment while ignoring everything else and stop worrying about future or past.
i don't like the mentality of enjoying the moment tbh, i hate it actually, still i will try to make happy memories and have moments that will last

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I've got a lot of things that make me temporarily happy or at least sedate me psychologically to the point where I'm not depressed. When I drink a nice hot cup of matcha tea, there's the immediate comfort of drinking it and for about 2 hours~ I get that dopamine and GABA boost so I feel content. When I take some sort of drugs, like adderall, I feel psychologically sedated and any bad thoughts simply don't appear until afterwards when I feel temporarily suicidal coming off it. If I exercise intensely, I'll feel a wave of happiness when I'm at the end. Anime tends to make me more sedated, not necessarily happy, I get immersed in the story and stop that flood of thinking in my brain. I don't think there was ever a period of time where I was 100% happy, I don't think that's possible, I think life is inherently suffering and I don't mean that in an edgy way. There's no life that is devoid of suffering because we're ruled by biological mechanisms that we can't control with our own free will, if we get woken up in our sleep, even if we have a billion dollars in our bank account, we can't stop that flood of cortisol - this biological reaction is to stress us out, to make us scan the environment for danger.

Though parts of my childhood were probably when I was happy the most, I think this is true for most people, even if they had a shitty childhood like me. It's because the brain hasn't become sensitized to all the fun things in the world. When you're a little kid and look at a flower for the first time, it fills you with immense awe, though after you see the same flower a few times, you know the shtick. I was probably at my happiest when I was 2-3, before I had much sentient thoughts, I was probably relishing in a world completely foreign and unique to me. It's hard to get that feeling now, I've only felt a feeling of awe while on psychedelics, the world looks typically dull and predictable to me sober.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
I remember playing MW2 and GTA 4 during the summer holidays with my frens. I had nothing to worry about and I didn't care about anything. It's easy to be happy as a child because you're still just nothing more than potential. You can't be deemed a failure or a loser
Why do you care if you're deemed a failure or a loser?

Attachments

• losing.mp4
    1.3 MB
NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Why do you care if you're deemed a failure or a loser?
Idk, according to this blonde Scandanavian Stacy I spoke to, who was my crush for a long time, it's because my star sign is Cancer. I don't believe in astrology and all but she was blonde, had blue eyes and was pretty so I believe her

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Idk, according to this blonde Scandanavian Stacy I spoke to, who was my crush for a long time, it's because my star sign is Cancer. I don't believe in astrology and all but she was blonde, had blue eyes and was pretty so I believe her
You don't need to justify your belief. The whole anti astrology thing is reddit science worshipper shit, whether it's real or not the vitriol they spout at people interested in it just because "it's fake" is uncalled for especially since they jizz their pants whenever a new marvel movie is announced.

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
Yes I think I am happy 85% of tbe time,

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
Already depressed and never happy even in your childhood? Goddamn, that sounds very rough ngl. Being an outcast aside didn't you atleast enjoy videogames or building lego/playmobile castles or something like that? Watching TV?
I did feel some momentary happiness from things like video games, watching shows, food but meant I was never happy in general always coping with depression.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
2007-2010 maybe, I had nothing to worry about and I enjoyed peak of WoW.

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
Yes because your gay or used to be not sure plus u have money. It's hard to be miserable when you have lots of money in the bank and still neet. Are you meeting these days?
No unfortunately I am not neet

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Before aged 11 when I hit puberty but I was still socially inept, when you were a socially inept child you were painted as shy but as an adult you are abused and called rude and unsocial.

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
Can be counted with one hand.

LetsGetOut

LetsGetOut

I EAT MORE CHICKEN THAN ANY MAN EVER SEEN
Aug 28, 2021
Maybe from 2007 to 2012, 2014 had its good moments, 2015 to 2017 was pure hedonism and I started to view the consequences at the end of 2017.

klo666ar

klo666ar

aspiring mentalcel
Nov 28, 2020
i duno but i try not to be happi because the crash is way worse like geting high you get 2 hours of joy then at best 1 or 2 days bad . so i jut stry to stay neutral not sad not happpi ......

i dont remember my child era but what i remmebr was not joy and full of anxiety ,maybe this is way my face become uglier and my brain become sick 🤔

AI-cel

AI-cel

Hikkikomori
Dec 8, 2022
this

Activity
So far there's no one here