going off psych meds this week.

patientfrog

patientfrog

NEET Royalty
Apr 21, 2022
i've been in the psychiatric system for about 13-14 years. i've been on a slough of drugs over the years(25 different ones, to be exact). last month i halved my dose of wellbutrin and haldol. i felt so much better i actually started doing more stuff-going to the gym for the first time in over a decade, eating less, more motivated to keep busy etc. this week(thursday night) will hopefully be my last time taking these drugs. i've been planning this for a while now, have tried many, many times to get off these drugs, but failed. i'm so damn exited because this time it actually feels like it could work.

i mention this because people on this board can be a depressive bunch, and there would be a temptation to resort to psychiatry. Don't do it unless you absolutely have to. there are some real horror stories, but no fucking drug can help you to deal with the spiritual wasteland that is the west. why the hell is it that psychiatry has ascended, and resorting to it is now ubiquitous? it's because the old social structures and religions that the west use to value have caved due to western materialism and nihilism and something had to take these old thing's place. now, it's fucking hard to even get people to give a shit about you. the only answer i've found to this is religion, family, ands STAYING THE FUCK OUT OF TROUBLE.

sometimes the world has to knock you on your ass to come to your senses.

Thoughts?

PlutoThePlanetCel

PlutoThePlanetCel

NEET
May 13, 2022

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
OP I'm assuming you have schizophrenia cuz of your antipsychotic. Have you been off of antipsychotics before? Are you worried?

patientfrog

patientfrog

NEET Royalty
Apr 21, 2022
OP I'm assuming you have schizophrenia cuz of your antipsychotic. Have you been off of antipsychotics before? Are you worried?
thanks dude, and yeah, that's what i was diagnosed with. only slightly worried about going off, mostly exited. since i noticed such positive effects from halving my dose, i'm not terribly worried.

Activity
So far there's no one here