Depression Ghosts of the past - Seeing old friends after a decade of isolation

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I actually had a huge social circle during my entire school days. We actually had a lot of great times togeter, like having LAN-Parties with chips and tons of ice tea :feelscomfy:

But as time went on we all got older, most of them got girlfriends, some moved away and I was more and more left behind. Maybe it was a huge mistake to completely isolate myself from them but back then it felt like I was doing the right thing because it really felt I was the fifth wheel.

More than 10 years have passed and since I still live in the same small town I always have, I now saw one of those ghosts of the past again. It was one of my former friends being in the supermarket with his girlfriend. He seems to have a well paying job by the way he was dressed. I avoided them and got out of there...he probably wouldn't even recognize me :feelsbad::feelsrope:

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I didn't have friends at high school however my old friends from the local area are not that successful career wise but they have girlfriend and wives. I lost touch of them because they no longer care about you when they have wife. If I met them on the street I wouldn't speak to them.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I would do the same, they will judge you for whatever reasons
Yes. I decided that its much better to just avoid former friends and not even try to reconnect with them.
Even if they let you in their social circle again, it wouldn't feel comfortable at all and maybe even worse than before.

Nakiami

Nakiami

THAINEETs
Mar 16, 2021
Yes. I decided that its much better to just avoid former friends and not even try to reconnect with them.
Even if they let you in their social circle again, it wouldn't feel comfortable at all and maybe even worse than before.
You don't miss out much tbh. they all talk about relationship, troubles at workplace, career and gossip friends who didn't come

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Same here, I had some cool friends from school too that I used to play vidya with. From their social medias, I've gathered that they've all turned into intolerable NPCs
Oh, that's a big mistake. Never look at people you knew or former friends social media, what you see might break you completely.

Activity
So far there's no one here