Game design thread/Programing

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I've made 3 games in total. A console text based tic-tac-toe game, then a PONG clone using PyGame, and then a Flappy Bird clone using PyGame. Pretty basic stuff that I made a long time ago, but learning to make games won't do me any good.

My current goal is to finish this Udemy ML course I purchased. I got about 35% done then had to stop for a long time. Then I sweeped through the parts I'd done quickly and started doing more of it. I went up to 55% or so and then had to stop again. I'll start it again in a couple weeks when I'm done with all my other work.

V

VoDkA

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
I've made 3 games in total. A console text based tic-tac-toe game, then a PONG clone using PyGame, and then a Flappy Bird clone using PyGame. Pretty basic stuff that I made a long time ago, but learning to make games won't do me any good.

My current goal is to finish this Udemy ML course I purchased. I got about 35% done then had to stop for a long time. Then I sweeped through the parts I'd done quickly and started doing more of it. I went up to 55% or so and then had to stop again. I'll start it again in a couple weeks when I'm done with all my other work.
Based stuff, I'm working on some Strider clone.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
Based stuff, I'm working on some Strider clone.
Coooool. Are you following a tutorial, or just going element-by-element, learning what you need to and then implementing it? How long have you been working on it for, and why? Just for fun? What are you using to make it?

V

VoDkA

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
Coooool. Are you following a tutorial, or just going element-by-element, learning what you need to and then implementing it? How long have you been working on it for, and why? Just for fun? What are you using to make it?
I follow tutorials but mostly go element-by-element. I've been working on it since 2020 off and on. I'm taking it fr now though as I want to make a team and sell it somehow. I really need money. Even if just a little. No one cares to join the team thouh. Game Maker Studio 2 btw.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I follow tutorials but mostly go element-by-element. I've been working on it since 2020 off and on. I'm taking it fr now though as I want to make a team and sell it somehow. I really need money. Even if just a little. No one cares to join the team thouh. Game Maker Studio 2 btw.
What kind of help do you need? Getting my name on a project like this would be useful for me so if it's suitable I might be able to lend you a hand.

V

VoDkA

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
What kind of help do you need? Getting my name on a project like this would be useful for me so if it's suitable I might be able to lend you a hand.
Anything really? But mainly, composer, pixel artist, hell, even idea guy would be nice. Sorry for late reply btw. Also I could even use a sound maker.

G

GoroMajima

NEET
Mar 19, 2022
I tried to make a game in godot.I mean it was a tutorial game but i fucked it up couldn't get it to work i tried for Like 2 hours.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
Anything really? But mainly, composer, pixel artist, hell, even idea guy would be nice. Sorry for late reply btw. Also I could even use a sound maker.
I'm not good with artisty stuff. I can do technical things like making the game physics or logic.

Agoraneet

Agoraneet

Aug 26, 2021
[UWSL]Used to draw pixel art.[/UWSL]
Recently Ive been making scripted interactive wallpapers in wallpaper engine.

rottingkyre

rottingkyre

NEET
Jun 3, 2021
Making good games is manlet only:
- sakurai
- cory barlog
- miyamoto
- todd howard
- kojima
- miyazaki
- romero
- hashino
- gabe newell
- molyneux
- michael ancel
- koizumi
- tim schaver
If you are above 5'9 then its over for you

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Too low IQ to code 2d games from scratch in a code editor. Would have to rely on some software engine. But this is no shame and its what most people do anyways right?

Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Nov 28, 2020
How long would one estimate it take to learn HTML/CSS to an advanced degree? I’m trying to learn.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Too low IQ to code 2d games from scratch in a code editor. Would have to rely on some software engine. But this is no shame and its what most people do anyways right?

Learn analytical geometry, simple graphics library. I'll post a demonstration.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022

I'm a bit dyscalculic from my brain lesion.

Anyway:

Dia

DS

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
HTML/CSS? It's meme tier as far as difficulty goes. Shouldn't take long.
True its learned fast. But with flexbox, grid, sass, tailwind, latest animations etc. CSS has become quite powerful actually. Some web devs who look down on CSS would be surprised what you can do with it.

Activity
So far there's no one here