I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
Jojo
jojo GIF

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Is anyone watching Tokyo Revengers? It entered my top 7 list after only 10 or so episodes.
I'm enjoying it but sometimes it is hard to suspend my belief when it comes to anime that deals with time travel. I guess it's because they always take a simplistic view of chaos theory, you know they change something important in the past and then go back to the future and that's the only thing that's changed. Also, in time travel anime, they never seem to go abuse their abilities (lottery, stocks, crypto, whatever) which honestly would be the #1 thing almost anyone would do imo if they traveled in the past long enough. But it's a good anime, one of the better airing anime.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I'm enjoying it but sometimes it is hard to suspend my belief when it comes to anime that deals with time travel. I guess it's because they always take a simplistic view of chaos theory, you know they change something important in the past and then go back to the future and that's the only thing that's changed. Also, in time travel anime, they never seem to go abuse their abilities (lottery, stocks, crypto, whatever) which honestly would be the #1 thing almost anyone would do imo if they traveled in the past long enough. But it's a good anime, one of the better airing anime.
The one thing changing isn't that bothersome to me. Just because the butterfly effect can happen doesn't mean it will. As for Naoto, I just made a mental note that he's immune to the history changes somehow (because he started the whole thing). I have to remind myself with time travel anime that there's no consistent theory of time travel as far as I know so I should just roll with things. The abuse thing doesn't bother me personally either because it doesn't line up with the character motivations.

Do you like anime like these, the get-a-do-over OR go-back-and-fix-things OR reincarnate-with-your-memories-intact types anime? I like them a lot because I am afraid of death and I like fantasising about 2nd chances or do-overs.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I'm still an absolute beginner when it comes to animes, because I only started watching them since last year at age 27. Yes, I know I'm extremely late to the party and now on the start of my journey. Sure when I was a kid I watched some episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, Pokemon but that's about it.
I had to trust recommendations on the internet and have only seen a handful of animes now. So far my favorite animes are Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World & Death Note. I personally thought those shows were incredible.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I'm still an absolute beginner when it comes to animes, because I only started watching them since last year at age 27. Yes, I know I'm extremely late to the party and now on the start of my journey. Sure when I was a kid I watched some episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, Pokemon but that's about it.
I had to trust recommendations on the internet and have only seen a handful of animes now. So far my favorite animes are Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World & Death Note. I personally thought those shows were incredible.
Death Note has been in my top 5 for years. I'll admit I haven't watched as many anime as other NEETS but I've watched a fair bit. DN also has immense rewatch potential, I'm glad you found it so early because some anime fans like to act like they have better taste than everyone by crapping on mainstream anime like DN and push people away from these great anime.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Death Note has been in my top 5 for years. I'll admit I haven't watched as many anime as other NEETS but I've watched a fair bit. DN also has immense rewatch potential
Yes, I fully agree it has huge rewatch potential. I watched some beginner recommendation videos and just picked that one because it sounded very interesting to me. Wasn't an easy one to watch though, I really had to concentrate and sometimes rewind some episodes to fully understand everything. Sure there were some flaws here and there but overall great show imo. :feelsok:
I'm glad you found it so early because some anime fans like to act like they have better taste than everyone by crapping on mainstream anime like DN and push people away from these great anime.
I'm trying to go in there with an open mind and search for shows that I like. Really dont care if people hate on a show that I enjoy.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
Yes, I fully agree it has huge rewatch potential. I watched some beginner recommendation videos and just picked that one because it sounded very interesting to me. Wasn't an easy one to watch though, I really had to concentrate and sometimes rewind some episodes to fully understand everything. Sure there were some flaws here and there but overall great show imo. :feelsok:

I'm trying to go in there with an open mind and search for shows that I like. Really dont care if people hate on a show that I enjoy.
That's the right mindset. I made the mistake of trusting MyAnimeList reviews and ratings. Most of the people are retarded there.

GraphiteNEET

GraphiteNEET

I must tend to my melon patch
Jul 28, 2021
NGE, Cowboy Bebop, GHOST in the shell, FOOLY COOLY, Berserk, Akira, samurai champloo, yuyu hakusho, (naruto for sentimental value lol):D

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Welcome to the NHK

Anime about a neet hikikomori who's trying to get his shit together. I've read the novel too. It's really good.

Shirobako

Anime about a the process of making anime.

K-on

Cute girls doing cute stuff. The anime is much better than the manga.

Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou

High school boys pulling pranks and being idiots like they're supposed to.

Nichijou

A slice of life high school comedy from the makers of K-On. The gags are really funny.

Shirokuma Cafe

A slice of life comedy about a Polar bear running his small café and his friends.

Kaiji

Tells the story of some neet loser who has a gambling addiction and is in debt.

Activity
So far there's no one here