Serious DVD shopping, a great cope

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
When I am in the supermarket buying junk food I like to browse the DVD and Blu Ray aisle. Nowadays there are only 2 places you can buy physical media in stores, a second hand video game/dvd shop or the supermarket. Today the supermarket had a surprisingly good selection of Christmas movies, I purchased one of my childhood favourites 'Jack Frost' and 'The Polar Express' but I don't know if I enjoy this movie, I just liked the slipcover of the DVD.

Gone are the days when the DVD shops used to be full of people, now they have been taken over by Netflix and I am left on my one supermarket aisle.

Hqdefault

Images 1

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
A physical copy will always be superior to a digital one because it gives you the full experience.
Especially when it comes to special editions. I got the limited DVD edition of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and its fucking awesome. I dont think you can even buy it anymore. There are multiple DVDs included that show making of, behind the scenes, interviews, artwork, a small booklet, and there is a huge poster from middle earth too. If you just stream the movie you miss out on all of that.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
A physical copy will always be superior to a digital one because it gives you the full experience.
Especially when it comes to special editions. I got the limited DVD edition of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and its fucking awesome. I dont think you can even buy it anymore. There are multiple DVDs included that show making of, behind the scenes, interviews, artwork, a small booklet, and there is a huge poster from middle earth too. If you just stream the movie you miss out on all of that.
cucked

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021

People say that DVD's only have a 25 year life span but that doesn't matter as I buy them for the artwork for display purposes. Even if the disc doesn't play in 20 years I can still stream the film whilst holding the box. I wonder in the future will steaming services start to show the special features like the commentary with the director and behind the scenes footage.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I wonder in the future will steaming services start to show the special features like the commentary with the director and behind the scenes footage.
I think they will but if they are smart they put all that content behind extra paywalls.
People say that DVD's only have a 25 year life span but that doesn't matter as I buy them for the artwork for display purposes. Even if the disc doesn't play in 20 years I can still stream the film whilst holding the box.
Yeah collecting stuff like DVDs or other stuff is a nice cope for us neets indeed.

Saito

Saito

NEET
Sep 19, 2021
Yup even if you "buy" from some streaming service once they go down or maybe your internet is out you can't watch the movie you fucking payed for. It's the same with steam I can't even play GTA five without internet even though I bought the game at full price and I don't want to play it online so wtf.

Activity
So far there's no one here