Venting Dreams ruining your day

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
I almost always start the day with a massive dose of suifuel due to my dreams, they're usually depicting a life much better than my own, or play out terrible events that will probably happen irl like my mum dying. Do you experience this too? My day is already ruined because of it tbh

Eren

Eren

‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏
Nov 28, 2020
They usually really beautiful & surreal when I remember them

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
I almost always start the day with a massive dose of suifuel due to my dreams, they're usually depicting a life much better than my own, or play out terrible events that will probably happen irl like my mum dying. Do you experience this too? My day is already ruined because of it tbh
Have you ever read Jung? He claims that, dreams are the only real way to know what was really going on within your mind. As in, they are only way the subconsciousness can communicate with the conscious mind. He places great importance on them, and I think I've read him saying that he analyzed thousands of dreams from several people. He also gives them a divine meaning, going on to claim that humanity shares a common subconsciousness, and due to that, certain themes in people's dreams can be rather frequent.

Some think that he overanalyzes, I believe that he was a divine individual who had gotten closer to truth than most ever did. If you'd like to start, I'd recommend his book, The Man and His Symbols. Some of Jung's work is notoriously hard to read, that book was written so that anyone from the public could read and understand Jung, so it's a good place to start. But you'll need to keep an open mind

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Yes. I absolutely hate waking up from a good dream. My dream world mogs my real world to hell and back.

Kinda reminds me of this:

Braziliancel193

Braziliancel193

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
I try and lucid dream. But my dreams are usually just plain weird like it's hard to explain or memorably weird like I can remember it after a few years or just pleasant which gets me feeling good.

Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Nov 28, 2020
Imaging a life much better than my own? Happens to me on a daily basis.

G

They have symbolic meanings. You'll have to write them down and think about them. The message would never be direct.
I've tried doing dream analysis, but it didn't feel like it helped me to understand anything about the nature of the dream; it felt like I was just coming up with stuff post hoc.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
I've tried doing dream analysis, but it didn't feel like it helped me to understand anything about the nature of the dream; it felt like I was just coming up with stuff post hoc.
You'd need to do some reading before you start. Proper dream interpretation is by no means a simple task. Dreams are, as if your subconscious mind is writing you a letter, but the words are made out of your memories that you have forgotten. Any form of general interpretation therefore, would be senseless, as each mind has its own language. For one to interprete someone elses dreams, he'd need a throughout understandment of the other persons subconsciousness, often hard to accomplish, and requires hours of conversation. It's far better to build the skill of understanding your own mind, effectively, your dreams. If you're even slightly interested in this subject, I'd highly recommend you to read the book I've mentioned. I guess it can be considered a rough summary of Jung's ideas, it'd be better to read his other works but, that'd take quite some time. I'll drop its pdf here:

G

You'd need to do some reading before you start. Proper dream interpretation is by no means a simple task. Dreams are, as if your subconscious mind is writing you a letter, but the words are made out of your memories that you have forgotten. Any form of general interpretation therefore, would be senseless, as each mind has its own language. For one to interprete someone elses dreams, he'd need a throughout understandment of the other persons subconsciousness, often hard to accomplish, and requires hours of conversation. It's far better to build the skill of understanding your own mind, effectively, your dreams. If you're even slightly interested in this subject, I'd highly recommend you to read the book I've mentioned. I guess it can be considered a rough summary of Jung's ideas, it'd be better to read his other works but, that'd take quite some time. I'll drop its pdf here:

:feelsdetective: I'll add it to my reading list

Disorder

Disorder

Why the world gotta be like this?
Nov 29, 2020
Someone take these dreams away
That point me to another day

Socrates

Socrates

I know that I know nothing
Nov 29, 2020
Opposite for me. My dreams are just bizarre and often scary or unpleasant. It makes me not like sleeping.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Have you ever read Jung? He claims that, dreams are the only real way to know what was really going on within your mind. As in, they are only way the subconsciousness can communicate with the conscious mind. He places great importance on them, and I think I've read him saying that he analyzed thousands of dreams from several people. He also gives them a divine meaning, going on to claim that humanity shares a common subconsciousness, and due to that, certain themes in people's dreams can be rather frequent.

Some think that he overanalyzes, I believe that he was a divine individual who had gotten closer to truth than most ever did. If you'd like to start, I'd recommend his book, The Man and His Symbols. Some of Jung's work is notoriously hard to read, that book was written so that anyone from the public could read and understand Jung, so it's a good place to start. But you'll need to keep an open mind
YES ANOTHER JUNGIAN

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
YES ANOTHER JUNGIAN

Activity
So far there's no one here