Do your parents hate you? Or view you as a failure?

NCRcel

NCRcel

Wishing for nuclear winter.
Nov 29, 2020
My dad still loves me, but my mother it seems is only going through the motions at this point. Deep inside, she 100% hates me and views me as the runt of the litter. I can observe this by how she treats me, and how she treats my siblings. She seems very cold and distant with me, and never reaches out to interact with me at all. While my brother and sister (who are both physically attractive and succeeding in life) are treated very warmly by her.

She always calls them to see how they're doing, takes them out to dinners and other social events without even inviting me, ect, ect. There is no doubt in my mind she is ashamed of me, and wishes I hadn't been born. Actually, society in general probably wishes I would just die as well. But it particularly hurts coming from someone who is supposed to have your back unconditionally.

What about you guys? Does your family view you as a failure? Are they ashamed of you?

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
When my dad saw the anime figures he just gave me the flouride stare
EJ3odWUWsAARnAQ 1

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
My dad still loves me, but my mother it seems is only going through the motions at this point. Deep inside, she 100% hates me and views me as the runt of the litter. I can observe this by how she treats me, and how she treats my siblings. She seems very cold and distant with me, and never reaches out to interact with me at all. While my brother and sister (who are both physically attractive and succeeding in life) are treated very warmly by her.

She always calls them to see how they're doing, takes them out to dinners and other social events without even inviting me, ect, ect. There is no doubt in my mind she is ashamed of me, and wishes I hadn't been born. Actually, society in general probably wishes I would just die as well. But it particularly hurts coming from someone who is supposed to have your back unconditionally.

What about you guys? Does your family view you as a failure? Are they ashamed of you?
Try getting closer with your father then, no point of wasting your time with your mom.
I would purposefully ignore her and avoid her as much as possible, and talk to the dad instead.

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
They keep pressuring me to get out. But at the same time my mother failo'ed me hard.

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
I live with them and right now I have a great relationship with them. My father has dementia and is pretty much incapacitated so I do what I can to help my mother take care of him.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Not really. My mom just constanlty pressurizes me to go back to studying sometimes. It usually happens when her siblings start boasting about the professions of their children and I think it makes her feel uneasy that I'm such a huge failure. I don't blame her but the thought of being in a classroom setting makes me nervous as fuck tbh.

jaded jabble

jaded jabble

NEET
Nov 30, 2020

they still have hope, its over for me

Raguel

Raguel

The hardest work is to do nothing
Nov 27, 2020

It’s sad ngl. While reading I kept picturing how you might want it to be like in a best world.
1. Sees you not as rubbish, but normal. Preferably a greek god.
2. Constantly reaches to comfort you so you don’t feel lonely.
3. Performs accurate management to ensure she invests time to siblings and you in equally calculated amount.
4. No more of these backdoor wicked meetings with siblings, ya heard.
5. Makes sure to prove you how everybody knows that she’s proud of you, doesn’t wish you to die, but to have a 100 years of prosperous vitality

See that is called parenting. Jfl at mommies these days

Last edited:
TheBasedNeet

TheBasedNeet

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
im honestly looking forward to my dad retiring in a few years, we can both LDAR and wait for death together

Aedra

Aedra

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
No. It's just one parent in my case though. I don't have a mother.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Maybe, its hard to tell. I think they talk behind my back, and treat me different in person and aren't honest to me.

A

Aleexx

NEET
Dec 11, 2020
I used to not get along at all with my parents and we kept fighting and saying I was useless and that I had failed. It is not like that anymore, but I realized that even if it was like that and they kept calling me that way, it matters how I feel about myself and what I think about myself and not others. You know better than anyone who you are.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
My parents have always been two great human beings who loved and supported me, which I am very thankful for.
I think they also had high hopes for me, as[UWSL][UWSL] I always got good grades during my school days and also finished university.[/UWSL][/UWSL]

They are probably dissapointed that I still live at home because I am unable to hold down a job. [UWSL][UWSL]I still have a great relationship with my mother [UWSL][UWSL]but my father has changed. In the last years he became a drinker because of decades of being in a job that he actually hates. [UWSL][UWSL]He doesn't talk to me that much anymore like in the past.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

I still can't believe how my life turned out. It doesn't even feel real anymore, like a cruel nightmare, like a sick joke.

auruuhudei

auruuhudei

The Notorious N.E.E.T.
Jun 28, 2021
My parents still like me and see me as a do-no-wrong. My mother has even said she wouldn't mind me living in her basement for the rest of my life.

It just hurts more though. I just keep letting them down. I keep fucking up and they still have faith, I still have to deal with them having hope in me and completely falling flat on my face. Why can't they just lose hope in me? Why can't I just no longer have to worry about disappointing them, because they wouldn't be able to be more disappointed in me?

I just want to finally let them down. I'm sick of constantly failing them and feeling like they're disappointed over and over.

Maybe I'm just a twat who takes this stuff for granted though, after all, fuck me right???

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Closer still:

Pops

Wag

Last edited:
Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Closer still:

Re: lmao my dad who's been away for like most of my life
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#158661030Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:27 AM CDT
Biologically, fertilization occurred, and that certainly wasn't a mistake. It would seem that your father is using you as a target for his own issues, likely out of internal psychological conflict for his abandonment of his offspring. Personally, I would suggest communicating with a trained professional in psychology about this as the situation is apparently causing you distress due to your lack of parental acceptance.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Re: Seergaze's Roblox Eulogy, 2010 - 2016 (Now Unlocked)
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#184541528Monday, February 29, 2016 12:05 PM CST
"he literally disregarded everything i'd spent 18 hours writing" He/She did not "disregard" your "emotional" paragraphs. From an objective perception, all of your personal problems are irrelevant and insignificant to anyone outside of your social clique. Whether you live or die does not have any significant effect on their lives, socially-speaking. Actually, those attempting to show "sympathy" towards you are feigning it entirely. They merely want to seem "sympathetic" to other users on the Off-Topic subsection so that they can be perceived as "cool" or "nice."

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
We've reached the goal of today, Monday!

Wagner

Activity
So far there's no one here