Do you know what you want to do with your life?

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I just finished watching an interesting video on Youtube, It got me thinking whether I truly know what I want to do with my life.

In another thread I said that I'm planning to go back to school. But I don't know why I would do that. I don't believe that I would enjoy having to work for someone else. Maybe for a short period of time. But working for some company and having to endure tight schedules for many years? No, thank you.

So, I'm not sure if I'm going back to school anymore. And about getting a job...

I'm not sure about that either. The main motivation for me to get a job is to please my family and friends. It's not because I truly feel like I need a job, or that I would enjoy having a job. I'm not very materialistic either.

I enjoy being a neet. Not having to do anything, and being able to do anything I want. Stay awake for how long I want. And getting to sleep as much as I want.

Damn. Life isn't difficult, but I make it difficult. I still want to please other people. I still have that slave mentality :cautious:

But yeah. I just wanted to share that youtube video lol :feelsstudy:

Last edited:
Ultraman

Ultraman

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
my life has always been hell because it was a life made to fit into society, and i am not made to live integrated into society because society rejects me. i have been wasting my time for 40 years like this, i am thinking of going away as a hermit collector in bushcraft mode with no other pretensions. I know that my life was a failure and it is unchangeable unless I become a millionaire with some prize or I am born again without being born as genetic garbage, but that is not going to happen. the next 40 years I want to live them my way, without bosses, without noise, without mockery and without anyone trying to humiliate me. out of my family nobody loved me and they always tried to take advantage of me. as neets since the end of 2019 i think this is the best, there is no future anymore, after this pandemic much less, in the future thousands would want to be like me while they rot like the guys in that video, i am just getting ahead of them.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Aside from hedonism, there's not much else I really care to do. For a little while, lots of people tried to convince me to work, to go to college, I wanted to live up to their expectations but when it really came down to it, I realized that my existence is a passing thought in other people's minds (and vice versa to be honest) and trying to live up to others expectations was a grand waste of time. The only expectations I want to live up to is my own, because my expectations are none, I'm always exceeding them. Here's a story I think of sometimes, when I think of how to respond to questions like this.

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically. “Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed. “Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. “Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. “Maybe,” said the farmer.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
No.
Its my biggest problem, I simply don't know why I am moving forward. I earn money which I don't spend, I learn an useless language and I watch and read content made for teenagers in japan.
I constantly bombard my brain with copes so I wouldn't have time to think about this question. I hate it

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
No.
Its my biggest problem, I simply don't know why I am moving forward. I earn money which I don't spend, I learn an useless language and I watch and read content made for teenagers in japan.
I constantly bombard my brain with copes so I wouldn't have time to think about this question. I hate it
Which country do you live in

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Does it matter? Its an eastern european shithole I can say that much
Are you a slav?
Well, you know japanese so,
Get a relevant degree
Get some connections
Become the ambassador of your country in Japan
Live the dream
Bonus points if you also learn Korean and become the ambassador of both countries

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Are you a slav?
Well, you know japanese so,
Get a relevant degree
Get some connections
Become the ambassador of your country in Japan
Live the dream
Bonus points if you also learn Korean and become the ambassador of both countries
Yes.
I already have IT degree don't feel like studying diplomacy also it would cost alot since its meme degree and I would be like 30 by the end of it.
Anyway, a literally who ugly autist from peasant family not gonna become an ambassador :feelsLUL::feelsLUL::feelsLUL:. This is corruption and nepotism land.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
Yes.
I already have IT degree don't feel like studying diplomacy also it would cost alot since its meme degree and I would be like 30 by the end of it.
Anyway, a literally who ugly autist from peasant family not gonna become an ambassador :feelsLUL::feelsLUL::feelsLUL:. This is corruption and nepotism land.
I will also study IT but college is a joke i rather learn it online from currybrocel what skills do you have?

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Yes.
Brutal. I am really curious about your country now. Was it a part of Yugoslavia?
You can maybe migrate to Japan then. You'd earn a decent living, and you'd slay there, unless you're hideous

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
I will also study IT but college is a joke i rather learn it online from currybrocel what skills do you have?
College/Uni is a meme but the paper is useful to get into industry. There are many niggas who have done some meme courses and youtubemaxxed, so most companies just filter by education. This goes for average Joe, of course if you are gigabrain you will get job no prob anyway.
I just write shitty backend and frontend code, if needed I work on DB.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Aside from hedonism, there's not much else I really care to do. For a little while, lots of people tried to convince me to work, to go to college, I wanted to live up to their expectations but when it really came down to it, I realized that my existence is a passing thought in other people's minds (and vice versa to be honest) and trying to live up to others expectations was a grand waste of time. The only expectations I want to live up to is my own, because my expectations are none, I'm always exceeding them. Here's a story I think of sometimes, when I think of how to respond to questions like this.
That's a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it. Life is so uncertain that both living in the past and planning for the future are utter copes imo. I would go as far as to say that it's delusional.

People who jump off bridges trying to kill themselves can survive because of things out of their control, such as the environment, other people, and technology. I don't control my fate :feelsthumb:

If you have more ancient wisdom to share, please don't hesitate to do so :feelscute:

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
College/Uni is a meme but the paper is useful to get into industry. There are many niggas who have done some meme courses and youtubemaxxed, so most companies just filter by education. This goes for average Joe, of course if you are gigabrain you will get job no prob anyway.
I just write shitty backend and frontend code, if needed I work on DB.
In my country, it's experience, which is hilarious. How is someone supposed to get a job in that field when no one is willing to hire him due to a lack of experience to begin with? It becomes a big joke, leaving comp sci graduates with no option but to work in other fields

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
In my country, it's experience, which is hilarious. How is someone supposed to get a job in that field when no one is willing to hire him due to a lack of experience to begin with? It becomes a big joke, leaving comp sci graduates with no option but to work in other fields
Western country? West probably has over supply of IT niggas, here its the opposite since people move to west.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Western country? West probably has over supply of IT niggas, here its the opposite since people move to west.
Yeah it is and that's true. Everything is over satuarated in the west

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I just finished watching an interesting video on Youtube, It got me thinking whether I truly know what I want to do with my life.

In another thread I said that I'm planning to go back to school. But I don't know why I would do that. I don't believe that I would enjoy having to work for someone else. Maybe for a short period of time. But working for some company and having to endure tight schedules for many years? No, thank you.

So, I'm not sure if I'm going back to school anymore. And about getting a job...

I'm not sure about that either. The main motivation for me to get a job is to please my family and friends. It's not because I truly feel like I need a job, or that I would enjoy having a job. I'm not very materialistic either.

I enjoy being a neet. Not having to do anything, and being able to do anything I want. Stay awake for how long I want. And getting to sleep as much as I want.

Damn. Life isn't difficult, but I make it difficult. I still want to please other people. I still have that slave mentality :cautious:

As a old neet believing your going to have your own business is cope af. Embrace your slavery there is no other option. As a old neet you will regret because every one will hate you. As a neet you are a slave as well. A slave to poverty wich means you wont be able to do shit. Both sides have cons but if you can get a high paying job that's a better option.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I want to sit on this sofa until I die. That is the truth, of course I would have loved to have had a normal mind and personality but as things stand with the mind and personality I was given then living in isolation is the only thing I want.

NEET COOM LDAR

NEET COOM LDAR

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
ideally I would've liked a family with a nawalt (not chad's goysoomer cumrag) but that's not happening in 2021 so I just neet coom ldar the rest of my life probably :feelscomfy:
my expectations are none, I'm always exceeding them

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
I just want to live life like it supposed to be lived. Have some decent income, not crazy rich, I'm not asking to become a millionaire. just to be financially comfortable, don't have to worry about food and bills money, in my book if you worry about basic necessities you're not in a good situation.

I want to live, travel, see the world. Not talking about bougie world tour either, just being able to afford 3, 5 or 7 days trip to some nice exotic place once a wear. Live in a nice place, somewhere I don't have to worry about safety, invite people for dinner parties and have a place to bring a girl in. Just a nice flat somewhere not too bougie but not in a hood either.

An e36, i have been dreaming of this car for years but can't even afford a broken car, fuck i feel embarrassed walking while my peers drive cars.

Basically a job with nice salary, a nice place, a car and some girls. Nothing crazy, billions of people have this life so i don't see why i shouldn't.

Agoraneet

Agoraneet

Aug 26, 2021

Need more videos like this.
Post more Japanese documentary

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
i want to be like my idol jeremy meeks

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
I want to become a devout Muslim and have multiple wives. Not even kidding

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
I just want to live life like it supposed to be lived. Have some decent income, not crazy rich, I'm not asking to become a millionaire. just to be financially comfortable, don't have to worry about food and bills money, in my book if you worry about basic necessities you're not in a good situation.

I want to live, travel, see the world. Not talking about bougie world tour either, just being able to afford 3, 5 or 7 days trip to some nice exotic place once a wear. Live in a nice place, somewhere I don't have to worry about safety, invite people for dinner parties and have a place to bring a girl in. Just a nice flat somewhere not too bougie but not in a hood either.

An e36, i have been dreaming of this car for years but can't even afford a broken car, fuck i feel embarrassed walking while my peers drive cars.

Basically a job with nice salary, a nice place, a car and some girls. Nothing crazy, billions of people have this life so i don't see why i shouldn't.
Can’t you buy an e36 with your crypto money bro

Employed

Employed

🥈
Aug 10, 2022

That's a good question. I haven't though about it earlier.

Activity
So far there's no one here