Serious Do you know about Jury Nullification? Let me teach you!

NCRcel

NCRcel

Wishing for nuclear winter.
Nov 29, 2020

Jury nullification is a constitutionally protected staple of most democracies, but here's the deal... the government does not want you to know about it. In fact? If a judge catches wind you know about jury nullification and are attempting to invoke that right, you may be barred from ever serving on a jury again.

So I've joined the Libertarians in making it my personal duty to inform all the people I can about jury nullification and all the power it holds.

Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
idk why we use juries, its a retarded idea. putting someones freedom and even life sometimes in the hands of 12 randos is silly. just let the judge be the judge.

but they can be based sometimes like the OJ and Remus trials

NCRcel

NCRcel

Nov 29, 2020
idk why we use juries, its a retarded idea. putting someones freedom and even life sometimes in the hands of 12 randos is silly. just let the judge be the judge.

Judges by and large are corrupt with power and act only to bolster the conviction rates of his jurisdiction. You got it completely wrong my dude... jury nullification is one of the few powers that people legitimately have against the government. It's why they suppress the public knowing about it any way they can.

If a tyrannical law is made, but people are not willing to convict a defendant for it, then the law is rendered effectively useless. It is... nullified by the public.

That is why the government is desperate to suppress you knowing what it even is, especially that you have a right to do so.

Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
Judges by and large are corrupt with power and act only to bolster the conviction rates of his jurisdiction. You got it completely wrong my dude... jury nullification is one of the few powers that people legitimately have against the government. It's why they suppress the public knowing about it any way they can.

If a tyrannical law is made, but people are not willing to convict a defendant for it, then the law is rendered effectively useless. It is... nullified by the public.

That is why the government is desperate to suppress you knowing what it even is, especially that you have a right to do so.
im not against jury nullification, but theres no point if there are no jurors using it. i just dont like the idea of 12 retards who know nothing about law and can be swayed by the dumbest shit having the power to decide someones freedom. just doesnt sit with me, its like a smaller version of a 3rd world shithole being democratic, its just not right man

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020

Just pull up some random people off the street to discuss a court issue that could change someone's life theory

NCRcel

NCRcel

Nov 29, 2020
im not against jury nullification, but theres no point if there are no jurors using it. i just dont like the idea of 12 retards who know nothing about law and can be swayed by the dumbest shit having the power to decide someones freedom. just doesnt sit with me, its like a smaller version of a 3rd world shithole being democratic, its just not right man
No jury trial means that if the government charges you with a crime, your only option is to plea guilty.

That's how it works in China. There is no jury trials. You either take a plea deal, or you go before a panel of "legal experts" to determine your fate. These "legal experts" are often corrupt and payed off by prosecutors to choose a guilty verdict, especially in death penalty cases for drug offenders. Why? Because death row inmates have no rights, and thier organs are harvested and donated to the highest bidder.

So you are correct that jury trials are far from perfect, but compared to the alternative they're the best that humanity can devise, really. The government and the elite will not act in good faith towards you. Like... ever. A jury of your peers might.

And yes, jury nullification was instrumental in abolishing tyrannical laws like prohibition and slavery, but that's a whole other topic.

Activity
So far there's no one here