Discussion Do you feel like other people aren't real?

G

I've been a NEET shut-in my whole life, I'm 26, and when I do venture out to get something, people just don't really seem real. It's like I see them interacting, working, etc and from being neet all my life shut-in, my brain is just too damaged from the decades of social isolation and not working have fucked my brain. It's a strange feeling.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
I do experience similar sensations, but I wouldn't refer to people as unreal. Rather, they seem to be operating on a certain and predictable behavioral pattern, devoid of second thoughts of their actions and uneasiness that would stem from a true consciousness. They don't think before they talk, or act, they just do it, as if it was given to them by a divine power. Perhaps I feel this way due to lack of communication, but I do feel like an absolute retard when I have to talk to someone else. What they possess as a god given skill, is a mentally demanding task to me.

L

liazi

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
I don't understand at all what people do in their free time or what their work looks like.
It's quite important to go out and do as much as you can of a normal life imo, but I don't understand what is the point of "life" really.

G

I don't understand what people mean by "real" or why it matters. Even if my perceptions aren't "real", they're all that there is for me. But yeah, I feel derealized/depersonalized most of the time.

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
I wake up I cum and go to work.
I come home and cum, then sleep.
Day offs I cum 7 times and play video games.
Health is gone. Pain is an illusion. Comforting is when you feel nothing.
Some random rage from paying taxes.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
Do you mean they seem like they're from a different world? Because they are :(

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
From a technical stand point, 7 billion humans don't exist for us. In our life we'll probably only meet and see around 10k people in person, they are the only real people who exist to us. While the world may seem huge just by the 7 billion figure, it's perceived implications on us is non existent and not to mention 7 billion is a number that the human mind cannot possibly comprehend

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
From a technical stand point, 7 billion humans don't exist for us. In our life we'll probably only meet and see around 10k people in person, they are the only real people who exist to us. While the world may seem huge just by the 7 billion figure, it's perceived implications on us is non existent and not to mention 7 billion is a number that the human mind cannot possibly comprehend
7 billion isn’t really incomprehensible to me.
I do have an idea of what is €7B for example and the possibilities and limitations of it.
There are 7.5 billion ppl on earth to be more accurate. The square root of this number is 86 602. Imagine placing the whole earth’s population spaced apart by 1m on a giant square. It would have 86.6 km sides. That’s a way to visualise it.

NekoStance

NekoStance

NEET
Dec 1, 2020
Yes, and I do think this sensation is common actually. It really should have its own scientific tag, the closest thing I would say might be deja vu

Though deja vu wouldn't be that similar at all

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

:3
Dec 7, 2020
Not a weird feeling when we live in a simulation

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
They’re mindless cloned drones but they do seem real to me. When chad kisses Stacy there’s no way I could interfere, push him away and kiss her instead.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
they play their game I play mine.
angry hurry up GIF by Funimation

P

Patient A

Mynamejeff
Nov 30, 2020
I Feel anxious and strange when I go back into the world after rotting. But I get back into things ok

Activity
So far there's no one here