• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Do This to Improve Your Writing!

Reading time: very short

Few people like to read essays online or in real life. Experienced writers know this. It's why they keep their sentences and paragraphs short.
  • People don't like to read.

Season 4 Wow GIF by NETFLIX

People who know grammar can fail to produce good text. They make their sentences and paragraphs way too long. The goal of a writer is to make people read. It's not to write a wall of text.
  • Improve your writing by shortening your sentences and paragraphs.

People hate walls of text. Don't expect them to read everything. It's not going to happen. The more text there is, the fewer readers there are. Google is aware of this. They show Youtube videos on the SERP (search engine results pages). Google lets people choose between reading essays and watching twenty-minute-long videos. From what I've heard, people will always choose the latter.
  • You will lose readers with essays.

didnt read rashida jones GIF by Tiffany

Reading a wall of text requires mental energy. It's a scarce resource. People online have the attention span of a goldfish. They don't skim the content; they scan the content. This process will only take a few seconds. It's game over if they see nothing but a wall of text.
  • People don't have time to skim the text.

Writers have to make people believe that the text is worth reading. The readers look for interesting titles, bold text, pictures, and bullet points. These are shortcuts. They help to avoid having to read the full text. Writers should keep this in mind: people don't like to read.
  • Use titles, bold text, pictures, and bullet points to make your posts better.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I’m good at writing, I’m just lazy

gigacel123

gigacel123

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
People are so braindead they cant even read 2 sentences anymore.

Activity
So far there's no one here