Do Muslims and Christians consider their god to be the same ?

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
No, they somewhat imagine their god to be different, and have different saints and myths around their gods and what he can do, i am not very religious so i am telling you from what i know

Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
Christians say god is 3 in 1 (the trinity)
While Muslims say god is one

So no
But there are many Christian sub-groups that also reject the concept of the trinity would Muslims consider their god to be the same one then?

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Christians say god is 3 in 1 (the trinity)
While Muslims say god is one

So no
Islam doesn't even deny the existence of Christ. You're actually supposed to say PBUH when you say His name
Muslims believe Jesus (Isa) to be a prophet while Christians believe it to be a manifestation of God.

At first in the beginning of the Quran, it seems as though it is the same but Muhammed makes distinctions between the Judeo Christian God and Allah.

On the contrary, Jews and Christians worship the same God but believe different things about Him. Some Orthodox communities would say that Christians worship some false version of God, but the majority would agree with the latter.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
LOL, tbh just ping me if you have any religion questions like this.

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
christian god is jesus, and muslims dont worship jesus as a god
Muslims believe Jesus (Isa) to be a prophet while Christians believe it to be a manifestation of God.
, Jews and Christians worship the same God but believe different things about Him
agree with 1st disagree with the 2nd
Jesus is literally the Christian god, as their god is 3 in one.
Jews dont worship jesus

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
I agree but that wasn't the point of the question
Well to answer your question they do think it’s the same god but that the other religion worships it the wrong way or has extra beliefs that the other doesn’t etc (Virgin Mary or not, jesus a son of god or just a prophet etc)

Guts

Guts

Bbbbbbbbbbb
Nov 28, 2020
Islam believes that it was once the same but the books became corrupted, and subsequently are rejected because of said corruption. That they were once followers of Allah SWT (meaning literally God as Arab Christians call it such), and that the Torah and the Bible have changed.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
christian god is jesus, and muslims dont worship jesus as a god

agree with 1st disagree with the 2nd
Jesus is literally the Christian god, as their god is 3 in one.
Jews dont worship jesus
Jews don’t worship Jesus, because they consider Jesus to be a false Messiah, although they do worship the same god but the beliefs about the nature of God regarding Jesus are different

chudur-budur

chudur-budur

5'2" ugliest currycel, freak of nature
Nov 26, 2020
Muslims don't believe Jesus to be a god (or god in flesh). They believe Jesus was a man who was "sent by the god" to preach his people.

chudur-budur

chudur-budur

Nov 26, 2020

At first in the beginning of the Quran, it seems as though it is the same but Muhammed makes distinctions between the Judeo Christian God and Allah.

On the contrary, Jews and Christians worship the same God but believe different things about Him. Some Orthodox communities would say that Christians worship some false version of God, but the majority would agree with the latter.

"Allah" (AL-Ilah) is the Arabic term for Judeo-Christian god. Arabic speaking Jews/Christians say "Allah" (not Dues, nor God nor YHWH).
It's the cognate term for YHWH in Aramaic (Jesus's language), which is AL-Elah (In Arabic it's AL-Ilah). Arabic and Aramaic are sister languages.

In fact, the use of words like God/Deus was developed later in Europe, it came from Germanic pagan word for god "Gutten" and Roman pagan term "Deus". Because during the early missionary periods, native Europeans didn't want to change how they addressed god and adopt a new (Aramaic/Hebrew/foreign) word to replace that.

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
"Allah" (AL-Ilah) is the Arabic term for Judeo-Christian god. Arabic speaking Jews/Christians say "Allah" (not Dues, nor God nor YHWH).
It's the cognate term for YHWH in Aramaic (Jesus's language), which is AL-Elah (In Arabic it's AL-Ilah). Arabic and Aramaic are sister languages.

In fact, the use of words like God/Deus was developed later in Europe, it came from Germanic pagan word for god "Gutten" and Roman pagan term "Deus". Because during the early missionary periods, native Europeans didn't want to change how they addressed god and adopt a new (Aramaic/Hebrew/foreign) word to replace that.

Very well written post (y)

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020

No such thing as "Judeo-Christian god". Christians don't believe in the same god as the Jews. Christians believe in a trinity, which is basically polytheism and blasphemy. But yeah, the Islamic god is the same as the Judaic one it seems.

chudur-budur

chudur-budur

Nov 26, 2020
No such thing as "Judeo-Christian god". Christians don't believe in the same god as the Jews. Christians believe in a trinity, which is basically polytheism and blasphemy. But yeah, the Islamic god is the same as the Judaic one it seems.
Yea whatever god Jesus used to believe in, I mean.

Judeo-Christian is an oxymoron, there is no resemblance with each other.

Judeo-Islamic makes more sense, at least in terms of prayer method, dietary laws, fasting, hygiene, rituals etc, both are very similar.

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
Yea whatever god Jesus used to believe in, I mean.

Judeo-Christian is an oxymoron, there is no resemblance with each other.

Judeo-Islamic makes more sense, at least in terms of prayer method, dietary laws, fasting, hygiene, rituals etc, both are very similar.
Yeah, I think Jews here are just obsessed with trying to fit into the majority Christian population here.
I hear people use the term Abrahamic, which kind of makes more sense since we all believe our religions stem from Abraham ultimately.
If anything, Islam is probably closer to Christianity than Judaism is, since they believe in Jesus and whatnot.

Activity
So far there's no one here