Do any of you know how one can find a good business idea? I'm going nuts searching for months and can't find anything that would suit me.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I've got less than 2 months till I need to get for a job (and I'd rather get castrated with a rusty butterknife than do that). But I did manage to convince my dad to help me monetarily a bit to start a small business (with what he can, he's not rich).

So I'm desperately searching for SOMETHING that I could do. But I can't really find anything realistic.

Anyway, you guys probably are in more or less the same boat. Dreading to have an actual job.

I keep asking on entrepreneurship forums/subreddits and I get bullshit responses that are just buzzwords or other smart-sounding things that aren't actual solutions for real people. Like they're trying to make you buy some bullshit course or something. "Find a burning problem" , find things that people need, find things that inconvenience people and offer them solutions. No shit jackass, why didn't I think of that? You mean I need to find something people will pay me for? Wow, my life has fucking changed, thank you for enlightening me. That's how those forums are.

Last edited:
Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
You could try lots of different things.

Have you heard that the most businesses fail?

Yeah, so just keep grinding and trying until you come up with an idea that for some reason is successful.

The most of the business ideas make no sense at first tbh, just think about Netflix, Facebook, or Google.

Or the second barber shop or the third pizzeria in a small town.

You never know what's going to be successful and what's going to fail before you try.

Some good ideas fail because of bad timing, the weather, a single customer etc.

And some ideas are wildly successful because of luck.

So try to maximize your luck by trying lots of different things.

These are my tips and you can disagree with me idc.

I'm not a successful entrepreneur but I try to be.

I have many online projects that fail and some that have brought me little success.

But I keep grinding until I hit the jackpot for some bullshit reason.

vince mcmahon money GIF

You can't really explain luck.

Everything makes sense after you've succeeded or failed.

It's called having a hindsight bias.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
You could try lots of different things.

Have you heard that the most businesses fail?

Yeah, so just keep grinding and trying until you come up with an idea that for some reason is successful.

The most of the business ideas make no sense at first tbh, just think about Netflix, Facebook, or Google.

Or the second barber shop or the third pizzeria in a small town.

You never know what's going to be successful and what's going to fail before you try.

Some good ideas fail because of bad timing, the weather, a single customer etc.

And some ideas are wildly successful because of luck.

So try to maximize your luck by trying lots of different things.

These are my tips and you can disagree with me idc.

I'm not a successful entrepreneur but I try to be.

I have many online projects that fail and some that have brought me little success.

But I keep grinding until I hit the jackpot for some bullshit reason.

vince mcmahon money GIF

You can't really explain luck.

Everything makes sense after you've succeeded or failed.

It's called having a hindsight bias.

Very well said, good points mate. Would you mind vaguely saying what kind of ideas you found some success with? You don't have to reveal anything too specific, just generally.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Very well said, good points mate. Would you mind vaguely saying what kind of ideas you found some success with? You don't have to reveal anything too specific, just generally.
websites like blogs, tools and forums. I'm probably going to try youtube soon because youtube videos do fairly well in google search. Idk, selling random shit on Amazon and Etsy could work also. And I could promote my store on youtube :unsure:

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
websites like blogs, tools and forums. I'm probably going to try youtube soon because youtube videos do fairly well in google search. Idk, selling random shit on Amazon and Etsy could work also. And I could promote my store on youtube :unsure:
That's cool stuff. Hey, how do you market your store or blogs or such? Like for example let's say person X has a blog. Obviously, 0 people know about it, so he gets no views. So how do you get people to know about it? Do you use google adsense or something?

I'm actually very interested in youtube as well, but I think it's even harder to get from like 10 views to a proper audience. I know people post for years and they still have like 0 or 10 views max. I have no idea how to get people to see your youtube videos.

Last edited:
Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
That's cool stuff. Hey, how do you market your store or blogs or such? Like for example let's say person X has a blog. Obviously, 0 people know about it, so he gets no views. So how do you get people to know about it? Do you use google adsense or something?

I'm actually very interested in youtube as well, but I think it's even harder to get from like 10 views to a proper audience. I know people post for years and they still have like 0 or 10 views max. I have no idea how to get people to see your youtube videos.
I'm active on lots of forums, and I try to befriend people, build trust, and my social network.

People can laugh at you at first, but just keep doing your own thing, share your stuff on lots of different forums, and self-promote until you get some followers who will do it for you.

It will happen, trust me. They can ask you to stop, or say that your content is fucking dumb – don't take it personal, it's just part of the process.

People hate self-promoters, but we hustlers know it already. It's cool and we expect it.

Their minds will change eventually because of the mere-exposure effect.

You get more well-known every time you share your stuff.

Expect a lot of people to hate you at first. It is what it is.

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Never stop the madness.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I'm active on lots of forums, and I try to befriend people, build trust, and my social network.

People can laugh at you at first, but just keep doing your own thing, share your stuff on lots of different forums, and self-promote until you get some followers who will do it for you.

It will happen, trust me. They can ask you to stop, or say that your content is fucking dumb – don't take it personal, it's just part of the process.

People hate self-promoters, but we hustlers know it already. It's cool and we expect it.

Their minds will change eventually because of the mere-exposure effect.

You get more well-known every time you share your stuff.

Expect a lot of people to hate you at first. It is what it is.

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Never stop the madness.
Those are wise insights mate, thanks for sharing. Luckily I'm thick-skinned on the internet, people can even insult me and I don't care. So I got that going for me, which is nice. Time to shamelessly self-promote.

Do you have any idea how I might find what kind of content to create? I don't really have any interests so I don't have any direction. I keep trying to find something to create, but I can't figure it out what.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Those are wise insights mate, thanks for sharing. Luckily I'm thick-skinned on the internet, people can even insult me and I don't care. So I got that going for me, which is nice. Time to shamelessly self-promote.

Do you have any idea how I might find what kind of content to create? I don't really have any interests so I don't have any direction. I keep trying to find something to create, but I can't figure it out what.
No. Just try random stuff until you succeed. Of course some niches get more money per view/customer than others like luxury items and financial services.

Old people have lots of money, remember.

For example, if I had a travel blog, I would target the people who have money to spend and not those who travel on a budget.

And google adsense only works on mobile devices in my experience.

People who use real computers all have adblockers, so it's more difficult to show them ads.

Last edited:
Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I've got less than 2 months till I need to get for a job (and I'd rather get castrated with a rusty butterknife than do that). But I did manage to convince my dad to help me monetarily a bit to start a small business (with what he can, he's not rich).

So I'm desperately searching for SOMETHING that I could do. But I can't really find anything realistic.

Anyway, you guys probably are in more or less the same boat. Dreading to have an actual job.

I keep asking on entrepreneurship forums/subreddits and I get bullshit responses that are just buzzwords or other smart-sounding things that aren't actual solutions for real people. Like they're trying to make you buy some bullshit course or something. "Find a burning problem" , find things that people need, find things that inconvenience people and offer them solutions. No shit jackass, why didn't I think of that? You mean I need to find something people will pay me for? Wow, my life has fucking changed, thank you for enlightening me. That's how those forums are.
Just have a firm hand shake

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
You have to go for the classics. Trades etc. The huge mistake a lot of us make is to believe we have to come up with some extremely innovative startup idea and then we procrastinate forever because we never find that idea. I’m thinking of creating a movers business. Just buy a truck, have strong men as my workforce and take calls. Stay away from transport, restaurants/bars, hotels because that market is truly saturated and on top of that it’s now not lockdown proof.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
if i had alot of money, i would spend it one someone to keep me company as I can not make friends on my own.

watch anime with me, go on walks with me, play vidya with me.

like a rent a "friend".

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
You have to go for the classics. Trades etc. The huge mistake a lot of us make is to believe we have to come up with some extremely innovative startup idea and then we procrastinate forever because we never find that idea. I’m thinking of creating a movers business. Just buy a truck, have strong men as my workforce and take calls. Stay away from transport, restaurants/bars, hotels because that market is truly saturated and on top of that it’s now not lockdown proof.
I agree with this advice.

• +1
Reactions: Viv
lostinthedesert

lostinthedesert

NEET
May 31, 2021
I might be able to help can you let me view your profile so i can private message you?

Activity
So far there's no one here