Discord as ruined forums

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
No longer do you have to behave consistently privately and publicly, now you can have the benefit of a cock sucking circlejerk clique and social cirlce in private while acting like a jackass as a public persona.

Forums years ago forced you to at least somewhat be nice and kind, not act like a sperg. Because your public image is all people had to go with about you, if your persona was bad then you were seen as bad.

But now people can just talk to each other privately in discuck DM's and channels, users can filter out people they want and don't want to talk to, like a bitch using tInder

Want to know someone? Gee, first you need to PM them, then join their circlejerk gay ERP discord server, then join their clique, and then you can actually talk to them.

Years ago a simple PM conversation was all you needed, cancerous cliques have ruined these sites in activity too as people prefer to talk there than post here for social interactions

Inb4 le unfunny inside jokes that discuck cliques love to spam

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

:3
Dec 7, 2020
It's always been this way but discord makes it more obvious since most people use it now

Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
i hate how niche advice subreddits/forums always get you to join their discord because no one will fucking answer you if you ask on the site normally

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
It's always been this way but discord makes it more obvious since most people use it now
It was always there but discord amplified it 100 fold. before discord you only had shitty chat rooms and buggy skype, neither of these things barely anyone used, limiting the formation of cliques. But discord is easy as shit to set up and comes with in built servers, DM's and voice chat, that shit was just begging for clique circles to be made

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

Dec 7, 2020
Most people don't use forums nowadays anyway. We're only forced to use them because our communities are considered fringe and obscure tbh

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
Most people don't use forums nowadays anyway. We're only forced to use them because our communities are considered fringe and obscure tbh
Forums are a nice place for social interactions and discord ruined that too, people usually prefer discord due to instant real time messaging and voice chat, thus modern forums a dumping ground for posts while everyone talks privately on another program

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

Dec 7, 2020
Forums are a nice place for social interactions and discord ruined that too, people usually prefer discord due to instant real time messaging and voice chat, thus modern forums a dumping ground for posts while everyone talks privately on another program
idk about you but I've never had a dm longer than a dozen replies in any forum. Discord is a p cool app in that respect ;-;
But I get what you mean, people using discord comes with a lot of bs

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
This is as a result of discord replacing forum interactions, it was never like this when I used forums before discord blew up
I also like to mention that noone is genuine on these sites anymore, I can't tell if someone is actually a nice person or mean person, because people act completely random for their outward persona, even if you talk to them they're still probably putting up a persona, you legit feels like I'm in a forum of bots and it makes me disingenuous as a result of it too

bloomedwengts

bloomedwengts

Dec 7, 2020
This is as a result of discord replacing forum interactions, it was never like this when I used forums before discord blew up
I remember using forums as far back as 2012 (yeah I was always a loser) and if you wanted to message someone it was either through facebook or skype or later on kik
Forums are irreplaceable though. I don't like discord server dynamics all that much.

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
I literally refuse to talk into a mic. I did a pug raid that required discord in wow yesterday and I just listened and typed into chat. I've always been this way, I was in a clan in tribes 1 and even then I felt weird talking into the mic.

A

Abi No

Hi
Nov 26, 2020
I remember using forums as far back as 2012 (yeah I was always a loser) and if you wanted to message someone it was either through facebook or skype or later on kik
Forums are irreplaceable though. I don't like discord server dynamics all that much.
Strange, I always remember skype and other 3rd party communication to be scarce among people, everything used to be PM only but we have different experience I see

S

Sorcerer

North-Atlantid Slayer. 6.5 inch dick. Blue-Eyes #1
Dec 9, 2020
tbh fuck MODS IN GENERAL.
maxresdefault.jpg

Also best community is in video games, but you need good hardware for some of 'em [feelsguy.jpg]
f09de25586e5f2223df2a77d072a3054.jpg

Last edited:
schizocel

schizocel

Life just isn't hard enough
Dec 2, 2020
Discord sold itself as a better alternative to Skype, but at least Skype wasn't a covert center of operations for pedophiles.

schizocel

schizocel

Dec 2, 2020
It's also deceitful that you have to pay to get trivial features that you presumably chose Discord over TeamSpeak for.

schizocel

schizocel

Dec 2, 2020
I hate how you have to pay for a premium pass to have decent quality of reproduction on the voice chat.

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
On another note, the people who disappeared into their circlejerk black hole were probably not a big loss to us.

Activity
So far there's no one here