Did anybody else try to learn programming and then said fuck it?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I'm done, I've tried many times over the years, but now I can say I'll never even think about programming again. Fuck that whole field, I don't like it, I don't enjoy it a tiny bit and that is required in order to power through the enormous mountain of bullshit that it entails. Fuck it, I'll never put my hopes on programming again.

Ugh, I don't know what to do. Dead-end shitty office job isn't an existence I want to live for too long. But I don't see any way out either. I literally can't imagine a way out. It's quite scary tbh. Finding a serial killer in my closet would be less scary than the grim truth that there's no way out, 70% of my waking hours will be dedicated to a shitty wageslave existence.

And of course, despite several more weeks of searching, I haven't found any business idea that seems remotely acceptable to me.

Damn meteor, come strike me already you lazy son of a bitch.

Viv

Viv

Revengecel
Nov 30, 2020
The only real programming I did was when I coded an AI using python to automate the work on easy money making sites (Wealthy affiliate's site commenting and Lesemoney.xyz) It worked, I made a total of $200 within two days with little to no effort, although I wasn't able to withdraw the money because I think they knew I was cheating or it was probably a scam.

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
The only real programming I did was when I coded an AI using python to automate the work on easy money making sites (Wealthy affiliate's site commenting and Lesemoney.xyz) It worked, I made a total of $200 within two days with little to no effort, although I wasn't able to withdraw the money because I think they knew I was cheating or it was probably a scam.
iqmog

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
im too lazy to learn coding tbh
That too, but tbh I'm so desperate to avoid wageslaving some shit dead-end job that I'd get past my laziness. But the problem isn't laziness in this case, it's that my brain just isn't made for it, I can't stand it and I can't get it, takes me literally x10 longer than other people to figure shit out.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Yeah, I have a low IQ and short attention span. I give up too easily when I'm trying to learn something myself because I lack discipline and motivation. I reckon I could do it under a teacher for sure. Learning something like Javascript or Python isn't that hard if you put the effort into it imo

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Yeah, I have a low IQ and short attention span. I give up too easily when I'm trying to learn something myself because I lack discipline and motivation. I reckon I could do it under a teacher for sure. Learning something like Javascript or Python isn't that hard if you put the effort into it imo
Yeah but learning those things is as useless as it is feasible to learn them. Not much a dude can do with some Python skills, won't get you anywhere really. Well, at least not in my circumstances, idk if it's different in the US.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Yeah but learning those things is as useless as it is feasible to learn them. Not much a dude can do with some Python skills, won't get you anywhere really. Well, at least not in my circumstances, idk if it's different in the US.
Agreed. Plus, Idk where you live but the entire world of programming is insanely oversatuarated. Where I live, there are comp sci graduates working in supermarkets.

TeenDream

TeenDream

NEET
Apr 26, 2021
I have a decent grasp of the C programming language. I made an attempt at learning how to program when I was 22 years old in the hope that I could maybe land a programming job. I'm here on this NEET site which means that my attempt took me nowhere, and I'm still a neet. Here is one of the function that I wrote for an imageboard that I wanted to make. This function handles the user's file upload. The user uploads a file to the server and the program reads the user's file, writes it to a file, and returns 1 if the file was incompletely uploaded or 0 if the file was completely uploaded.

C:
int write_stream_to_file(char *name) {
    char *input;
    unsigned long length;
    size_t nbytes = 0;

length = atol(getenv("CONTENT_LENGTH"));
    input  = malloc(length + 2);
    size_t read;
    read = fread(input, 1, length, stdin);

FILE *pipe = fopen(name, "wb");
    fwrite(input, read, 1, pipe);
    fclose(pipe);

pipe = fopen(name, "r");
    fseek(pipe, 0, SEEK_END);
    long f = ftell(pipe);
    fclose(pipe);

if (f != length) {
        return 1;
    }
    return 0;
}

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
fuck, that's where the money is for sure. idk how much work it would take though.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
I'm done, I've tried many times over the years, but now I can say I'll never even think about programming again. Fuck that whole field, I don't like it, I don't enjoy it a tiny bit and that is required in order to power through the enormous mountain of bullshit that it entails. Fuck it, I'll never put my hopes on programming again.

Ugh, I don't know what to do. Dead-end shitty office job isn't an existence I want to live for too long. But I don't see any way out either. I literally can't imagine a way out. It's quite scary tbh. Finding a serial killer in my closet would be less scary than the grim truth that there's no way out, 70% of my waking hours will be dedicated to a shitty wageslave existence.

And of course, despite several more weeks of searching, I haven't found any business idea that seems remotely acceptable to me.

I made a thread about it the other day. Imo it’s not worth it. Then again it depends on the personality. I theorize that the lower T and more analytical the better reception you will have to programming.

From the research I made you are better off learning something else. You can always hire someone to program for you.

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

162.19.153.102 join now!
Nov 27, 2020
Yeah, I tried learning it, then said fuck it.

S

saber

Banned
Dec 13, 2020

That’s most people. Everyone learns differently. My suggestion would be to go on a website like https://freecoursesite.us/ download one of their tutorials (they steal tutorials from websites like udemy/coursera on creating programs/apps) on making a game or app and just follow what the guy does and you will pick up the stuff as you go on and see what’s actually happening.

now learning the algorithms and theory and getting really good at them requires a lot of focus so you might want to get on some ADHD drug.

Activity
So far there's no one here