Votes: 6 60.0%
  • na they let me do whatever

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
aksu_aks1

aksu_aks1

EBTmaxxed Goatmaxxing Advocate
Nov 16, 2021
-growing up, my parents were pretty controlling/helicopterish, still kind of are to this day. Im wondering if this is common among Neets, like if its a factor. How many of you had situations like this?

Magonia

Magonia

REPORT ALL FREESPEECH NAZIS
Jan 2, 2022
I was kidnapped and raised by a brain damaged, covertly narcissistic single mom. She cared about what she wants and whatever sense of duty was instilled in her as mother so besides that shes kinda neglectful. So its both but I wasnt having that controlling bs effect me and shes still too stupid to realize it.

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021
They were extremely helicopter and overbearing until I was 16, then my whore mother fell into depression and my teeth rotted out.

uglyboi1

uglyboi1

neet for almost 9 yrs never worked hand atrophy
Dec 12, 2021
I was kidnapped and raised by a brain damaged, covertly narcissistic single mom. She cared about what she wants and whatever sense of duty was instilled in her as mother so besides that shes kinda neglectful. So its both but I wasnt having that controlling bs effect me and shes still too stupid to realize it.
WHORE. My mum is also narcy. She views ANYTHING i do as an extension of herself, like she couldn't admit I was autistic or had an underbite, so I didn't get any orthodontic or mental health treatment ever, so now I am a 22 y/o virgin.

Magonia

Magonia

REPORT ALL FREESPEECH NAZIS
Jan 2, 2022
As far as admitting I have issues my mom was the opposite. Whatever some person that never met me tells her something about me or gives her advice she goes with that person because she has an extremely poor ability to identify me. People I meet figure out things about me in 5 min that she she hasn't learned in 4 decades.
WHORE. My mum is also narcy. She views ANYTHING i do as an extension of herself, like she couldn't admit I was autistic or had an underbite, so I didn't get any orthodontic or mental health treatment ever, so now I am a 22 y/o virgin.

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
Great question @aksu_aks1 . While I think helicopter parenting can play a role, there are just so many other variables that can affect one becoming Neet.

Economic/social upbringing, family environment, tragic events, mental disorders all can factor in. I think the varied responses in this thread show this to be true.

I think any true parent should be able to understand the generation and environment their kids will grow up in, which can be tough, and let them make mistakes and explore while they are young. Having tough discussions with kids is necessary, but 99% do not do this and just let the state handle this for them, making the kids turn into slave minded drones who follow whatever propaganda is en vogue at the time.

Activity
So far there's no one here