Bringing out of the dead - one of the underrated scorsese movies that you should see if you work in healthcare or work dead night shifts.

Z

ZiggyStardust

NEET
Dec 24, 2020
images

When most ppl make up the TOP Scorsese movie charts, this is usually in the second half somewhere at the end. Even in his time, the film drop dead in quite, and it is practically a film in which Nic Cage began to cross his famous border of overacting (which goes on until now).

I also have many other Scorsese films, which I consider better, but this is an emotional meaning for me personally, because the theme of the film touches me: complete burnout, insomnia, night shifts, non-existent biorhythm. The feeling of waiting for the morning daybreak and you can go home to sleep, but as soon as you come home you cant sleep. And then the sun goes down and you have to go to work while others go to sleep. Its a rather strange feeling to describe, which one has to experience, and I think this film captures it quite faithfully.

however, the movie is like Taxidriver crossed with paramedic on the verge of nervous collapse. With the fact that it has quite a bizarre tragicomic humor, which sticks out more than in Goodfellas, for example. The structure is also quite interesting, because every day the main character has a shift with someone else and each character has a different personality, a nutcase in some other way (played by John Goodman, Ving Rhames, Tom Sizemore).

it is also Scorsese transition to the new millennium, when he uses quite agresive cutting / accelerated montages, various filters, CGI.

Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
I miss the old Nic Cage

Activity
So far there's no one here