Board games and the need of friends

Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
Not having friends isn't a big problem to me. I evolved into a loner and into someone who simply can't deal anymore, with all the shit people tend to do. Overall it's pretty comfy.
But, and here lies the point of my post; I love to play board games, I bought myself many board games in the past, to play with my friends. With all it's flaws a very fun time.
Trough different reasons our clique disbanded, (and I wasn't a reason), and to the last broke up contact due to me moving to another city.
Now I am sitting here with a shitload of Board games, constantly reminding me of the fun I had and how they and I are rotting here together, but also alone.:feelsbad:
Any other board game enjoyer out here?

A

Antisocialloner

Banned
Mar 30, 2022
I brush it off and say not having friends isn’t a problem for me I don’t relate to most people so I wouldn’t speak to them anyways but I would like it at least if I had 1 person to speak to. I have never played board games I find them extremely boring.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
What kind of board games? I do enjoy them when I play them but I don't own any or go out of my way to play them. You could always try tabletop simulator if you're that desperate

Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Feb 20, 2022
What kind of board games? I do enjoy them when I play them but I don't own any or go out of my way to play them. You could always try tabletop simulator if you're that desperate
Many kinds of board games, it's hard to find one I don't like, (besides Monopoly, that makes me sick). From very simple ones like Ludo, to more komplex one like this:

Tabletop Simulator needs Steam, but for some reason I can't install Steam on my Linux-system. It's over...

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Many kinds of board games, it's hard to find one I don't like, (besides Monopoly, that makes me sick). From very simple ones like Ludo, to more komplex one like this:
View attachment 34254
Tabletop Simulator needs Steam, but for some reason I can't install Steam on my Linux-system. It's over...
What distro? I've never really branched out in terms of board games especially in the past 10 years I think the last one I played was connect 4 with some hapa not long before I left school. Wanted to learn to play mahjong but it seems too complex

Last edited:
SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Linux-Mint.
I know they're frowned on but if you can't get it working through normal means have you tried using snap or flatpak version? Had a friend who was using mint and I think he just used the flatpak version.

Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Feb 20, 2022
My laptop already screams at me for using Tor sometimes.:feelsbad: I'm not sure if it could handle flatpak, but I will take a look on it. :feelsdetective: Thanks

Last edited:
SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
My laptop already screams at me for using Tor sometimes.:feelsbad: I'm not sure if it could handle flatpak, but I will take a lock on it. :feelsdetective: Thanks
Can probs get it working normally if you can be bothered pissing about with it. I've never had any issues with Steam personally it always works out of the box but laptops seem like more of a gamble on whether or not something will work. If your laptop struggles with tor though Steam will probs drain it like a succubus

Activity
So far there's no one here