Discussion Anyone regrets dropping college/university? Well I do.

Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
When I was 19 I was studying Theoretical Physics, but I was depressed af back then. Actually todays sadness and feelings of being inadequate are literal breeze in comparsion.
Back then I was so depressed I literally stopped caring about exams and passing them, so I didnt pass 3rd semester - I failed 4 out of 6 subcjets .
This whole 1,5 years of me studying my mom was always saying that I should study and I didnt.
When they kicked me out of university I felt some kind of peace, which was weird because logically speaking I should be more upset about it since I failed studies in subcject that was somewhat interesting.

After that I did accounting degree because my mom insisted to do some degree. Well she was right, because if I wouldnt have that degree I would probably end in some factory as worker, which would end up of me being bullied by yokels.

But this previous failed degree made a big scratch on my ego, because I always thought Im somewhat intelligent, and here we come - I failed studies like little bitch.
So lately I was thinking that maybe I can take some part-time university degree in Physics, and I found out that the nearest are 300 kilometers away, which means I would have to move out and go get a job which I would hate and which would make me miserable, so it's over.

I regret that I didnt pass those exams back then, I dont know if my life would be better, but I think it would :clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:.

I would beat the shit out of younger me for this.
And you guys, do you regret dropping collage/university or not studying different field?

Last edited:
Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
Relatable.
I dropped out of school while doing my A-Levels. I was depressed as fuck back then. I still had alcohol problems, suicidal thoughts and started cutting myself. So I just stopped going to school and after half a year, I was kicked out.
Back then I haven't thought, that I would still live today and simply threw my life away.

Last edited:
Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
Relatable.
I dropped out of school while doing my A-Levels. I was depressed as fuck back then. I still had alcohol problems, suicidal thoughts and started cutting myself. So I just stopped going to school and after half a year, I was kicked out.
Back then I haven't thought, that I would still live today and simply threw my life away.
The worst part of it is that if at that time we would have supporting friends or supporting girlfriend, we would probably be a good society members.

K

kaang

lurkercel
Oct 29, 2021
Glad I dropped out. but I regret wasting years of my life studying STEM. I'm not autistic (don't mean that as an insult to STEMcels) enough for that shit and didn't get along with the students. Should've gone into finance or accounting or actuarial science or economics.

went back and easily got a business degree (credits from engineering transferred over so it didn't take as long) mostly to make my mother happy.

Last edited:
Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
Glad I dropped out. but I regret wasting years of my life studying STEM. I'm not autistic (don't mean that as an insult to STEMcels) enough for that shit and didn't get along with the students. Should've gone into finance or accounting or actuarial science or economics.

went back and easily got a business degree (credits from engineering transferred over so it didn't take as long) mostly to make my mother happy.
How long have you studied STEM before dropping? Anything good came out of this business degree?

SpacersChoice

SpacersChoice

It's not the best choice, its spacers choice
Apr 16, 2023
Ive always wanted to experience college but I wasn't allowed to go to school when I was younger so I never passed high school, just be grateful you got to experience what its like

Activity
So far there's no one here