Media Anyone here read Solo Leveling?

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
Absolutely hype story, it's fully in color, 146 chapters atm, the story is almost done too. Shit is better than most Manga and even better than a lot of Anime too.

It's on myanimelist too if anyone was wondering.

I'd also recommend Rooftop Sword Master

Very hype, one of the best revenge stories I have read. Art is not as good as Solo Leveling but, it makes up for it with it's story and action. You can read Rooftop Sword Master here btw. It's also not on myanimelist sadly.

You can read it here btw https://arangscans.com/manga/rooftop-sword-master/

Honestly if you have a hard time getting into reading or manga, Korean Manwha's like this are a really good starting point.

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
nah but now I will
Korean shit mogs real hard, it's actually kind of surprising because you'd expect Korean shit straight up be a bootleg of Japanese stuff, but it's actually not. Some Chinese stuff is also pretty popular but for some reason it being from China really puts me off, i'll have to give Manhua's a fair try one day. For those of you don't know, Manga = Japanese Comic, Manwha = Korean Comic, and Manhua = Chinese Comic.

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
Damn that is some good art work. Usually too lazy to read, but got nothing else to do.

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
Oh, good to know. I really should give this comic stuff a try. Could be a new cope for me.
For sure. For Manga's my Top 5 would be, Gantz, Tokyo Ghoul, Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi, One Punch Man, and Chi no Wadachi. Some of those obviously have anime adaptations but, the manga version of all of them is far superior, and more detailed/complete.

For Manwha i'd say Top 5 would be, Rooftop Sword Master, Solo Leveling, Bastard, The Boxer, and The Beginning After The End

I don't know enough about Chinese stuff to make any recommendations but the most popular Chinese stuff that I plan on reading is Tales of Demons and Gods, but couldn't really make a recommendation on that since I never read it, but it seems to be extremely popular for some reason.

Platinum_Chip

Platinum_Chip

NEET
Feb 16, 2021
I've read Bastard, Sweet Home, Pigpen, Friendly Winter and Annarasumanara. Maybe a few others. That's about it for korean comics, haven't read many at all
It seems that the most popular ones are battle shounen-like, and I'm not that big of a fan of the genre. I watched the anime adaptations of Tower of God and God of Highschool, and they weren't super engaging to me

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
Damn that is some good art work. Usually too lazy to read, but got nothing else to do.
Yeah for sure, idk if there's a better site for the first 109 chapters, but I usually read shit on here.

However for 110 and beyond, I read on here, it has much higher quality images

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
I've read Bastard, Sweet Home, Pigpen, Friendly Winter and Annarasumanara. Maybe a few others. That's about it for korean comics, haven't read many at all
It seems that the most popular ones are battle shounen-like, and I'm not that big of a fan of the genre. I watched the anime adaptations of Tower of God and God of Highschool, and they weren't super engaging to me
Solo leveling and Rooftop Sword Master are more Seinen than shounen, way more similar to Berserk and Gantz.

I only read the first few chapters of Tower of God, I haven't seen the anime, I have seen comparison shots from the chapters I have read, and the Manwha is drawn way better.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
For sure. For Manga's my Top 5 would be, Gantz, Tokyo Ghoul, Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi, One Punch Man, and Chi no Wadachi. Some of those obviously have anime adaptations but, the manga version of all of them is far superior, and more detailed/complete.

For Manwha i'd say Top 5 would be, Rooftop Sword Master, Solo Leveling, Bastard, The Boxer, and The Beginning After The End

I don't know enough about Chinese stuff to make any recommendations but the most popular Chinese stuff that I plan on reading is Tales of Demons and Gods, but couldn't really make a recommendation on that since I never read it, but it seems to be extremely popular for some reason.
Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out.
I honestly never thought comics could be this popular, nearly everyone on the internet is into them.
As a comic, the primary goal is the enjoyment of the reader right? With action, romance, horror or suspense, it aims to stimulate the reader. However if done blatantly it'd be mundane and repetitive, so some artistic and philosophical intent is a must. However, those intents can never be as great as that of an actual book, due to the nature of the comic, which is reader's pleasure.

So to me, as an outsider to the comics, it seems that there's a sweet spot the author should aim for. Make it too stimulating and simple, it'll bore out people too quickly, and there'd be no point in reading it. Make it too artistic or philosophical, then it'd get too boring to read, you may as well read an actual book.

The effortless stimulation and reader centered writing was what really stopped me from getting into any form of comic, though I am not even sure if that's the case, that was merely my thought process. If done right, I think they could be a great supplementation to classic literature, especially in times when I feel too tired to read.

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out.
I honestly never thought comics could be this popular, nearly everyone on the internet is into them.
As a comic, the primary goal is the enjoyment of the reader right? With action, romance, horror or suspense, it aims to stimulate the reader. However if done blatantly it'd be mundane and repetitive, so some artistic and philosophical intent is a must. However, those intents can never be as great as that of an actual book, due to the nature of the comic, which is reader's pleasure.

So to me, as an outsider to the comics, it seems that there's a sweet spot the author should aim for. Make it too stimulating and simple, it'll bore out people too quickly, and there'd be no point in reading it. Make it too artistic or philosophical, then it'd get too boring to read, you may as well read an actual book.

The effortless stimulation and reader centered writing was what really stopped me from getting into any form of comic, though I am not even sure if that's the case, that was merely my thought process. If done right, I think they could be a great supplementation to classic literature, especially in times when I feel too tired to read.
Yeah, books are really good too, but comics can really take things to the next level. I actually started reading normal books back in October, but I still haven't really truly gotten into that medium properly. I'll probably start with Light Novels or Webnovels before I really jump into that hardcore.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Yeah, books are really good too, but comics can really take things to the next level. I actually started reading normal books back in October, but I still haven't really truly gotten into that medium properly. I'll probably start with Light Novels or Webnovels before I really jump into that hardcore.
If you haven't read them yet, start with Dostoyevski's major works. They are a must read for everyone. But don't start with The Brothers Karamazov or The Idiot. Leave them for last.

Activity
So far there's no one here