Anyone else deal with anhedonia(loss of pleasure)?

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
When I was 18 I fried my brain on dissociative combinations of drugs. That is a whole topic but its not the point. After this I felt like a ghost for a few years. I lost the ability to feel any deep positive emotions. Music was pointless, love was an alien concept, games were just work, and each day I just passed however I could to hopefully heal over time. I dont think I’ve ever fully recovered.

Im trying again to see if I can help it. I quit kratom a week ago, Im stopping smoking and drinking today, then I’ll quit weed when I dont need it to deal with withdrawal. Then I can exercise and meditate and fix my diet, cold showers, all that good stuff. But what if thats not the problem? What if it isnt just my addictions but they themselves are compensating for something else?

What if I am just a huge loser and that means my brain can never be healthy? Can an unemployed 26 year old virgin living with his parents enjoy a good book? It is hard to believe I could recover to the point I could feel the magic again. Is this relatable to any of you? Do you think it is biologically or psychologically driven?

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
When I was 18 I fried my brain on dissociative combinations of drugs. That is a whole topic but its not the point. After this I felt like a ghost for a few years. I lost the ability to feel any deep positive emotions. Music was pointless, love was an alien concept, games were just work, and each day I just passed however I could to hopefully heal over time. I dont think I’ve ever fully recovered.

Im trying again to see if I can help it. I quit kratom a week ago, Im stopping smoking and drinking today, then I’ll quit weed when I dont need it to deal with withdrawal. Then I can exercise and meditate and fix my diet, cold showers, all that good stuff. But what if thats not the problem? What if it isnt just my addictions but they themselves are compensating for something else?

What if I am just a huge loser and that means my brain can never be healthy? Can an unemployed 26 year old virgin living with his parents enjoy a good book? It is hard to believe I could recover to the point I could feel the magic again. Is this relatable to any of you? Do you think it is biologically or psychologically driven?
Welcome to the neetcel club your coping life is a shit sandwich and your on the menu thanks to your shit genetics I'm in the same boat so I should know

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Welcome to the neetcel club your coping life is a shit sandwich and your on the menu thanks to your shit genetics I'm in the same boat so I should know
I’ve felt beautiful things before. I have to believe that is still possible. It seems like other people enjoy things at least somewhat.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I’ve felt beautiful things before. I have to believe that is still possible. It seems like other people enjoy things at least somewhat.
Correct but your not normal time to stick your dick in some pussey that's the only buety an adult needs with out love your life is meaningless no matter how much you try to cope.

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Maybe not to such an extreme degree but I would say I am in a similar position. I can't remember the last time I felt a genuine joy.
Do you think you have any habits that contribute to that? Would you consider yourself healthy? Do you sleep well and exercise? Im just curious if lifestyle has a significant influence.

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Correct but your not normal time to stick your dick in some pussey that's the only buety an adult needs with out love your life is meaningless no matter how much you try to cope.
Pussy is revolting. It might be nice for validation and so other guys would respect me more but I would honestly be perfectly fine with never touching one. I just want to be healthy and pursue my hobbies.

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
6-8h of sleep and 8-10km forest walks everyday. Rest of the time is spent rotting in my room.
How do your walks make you feel? That sounds like a good practice.
I fried my brain after my big exam in college, after that I couldn't study seriously
You know Jung had a neurosis where he couldn‘t study after he fell as a kid. For a while studying would give him intense headaches and fill him with dread. He overheard his dad saying “if the boy cannot study I do not know what will come of him.” That scared the young Jung so he sat in his dads library and started working on latin all day. He pushed through the stress and pain until somehow it went away. Soon enough he had read every book in his dads library and was fluent in latin. You probably arent a genius on his level so results may vary but the point is even if the physical sensations were real, his neurosis was in his head.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Yes and its torture. I just want to feel alive again, I want to experience the world like I did when I was a child. Back then eveything was an adventure.
Now everything is so sedated, numb and colorless. There is no excitement in anything anymore, only going through the motions like a machine cog.:feelsbad:

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Yes and its torture. I just want to feel alive again, I want to experience the world like I did when I was a child. Back then eveything was an adventure.
Now everything is so sedated, numb and colorless. There is no excitement in anything anymore, only going through the motions like a machine cog.:feelsbad:
Well at this point I cant LDAR anymore. Soon I’ll be out of money and swinging from a rope if I continue. Im going to try every variable within my power to feel human again. There must be something I can do.

Do you have a good sleep schedule? When you were younger did you? I have always stayed up all night to fall asleep when the sun comes up. I think fixing that alone could help me a surprising amount.

I want to feel that way again too man. Very badly.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
Activity
So far there's no one here