Allow bumping old threads

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
The dumbest rule on this site imho is the rule against bumping old inactive threads.

The site even encourages us to read old threads by showing similar old threads that nobody has replied to for a loong time (how I find old threads in the first place lmao) :p

Why does the age even matter? There's no need to create a new thread if there already exists a thread that has some relevancy to what I'm about to say.

Stop enforcing this rule, and remove it from the rule book, ok? :feelsstudy:

@Haruhi Suzumiya @Alexanderr @Cerberus @Master

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
there is a reason why some threads need to stay old, they become irrelevant, or forgotten, if you want to continue a topic of an old thread so bad, create a new one with the same topic or as a continuation of the old one.
Nobody wants threads from many months ago, a forum is all about new content and new threads. That's how this and almost any forum works.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
Are there anyone besides jannies that agree with this rule?
966ee

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
Nigga we tell you everyday this rule is stupid literally noone likes this rule
Are there anyone besides jannies that agree with this rule?
If the rule change ok, but as long as it is active it's the forum rules and you will follow them

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
This nigga like the Nazis saying "I was just following orders" I'm literally like a Jew in Nazi Germany rn
those are the forum rules, they can't change bc you don't like them, learn to behave

Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Nov 28, 2020
+1
@Cerberus

The forum does need new content but rarely anyone will stay around if there’s hardly any threads they can interact with. The rule makes sense on @looksmax and @incels because there’s enough users and new threads getting posted but with how small and inactive this forum is, it’s hard to solely interact with the few new threads getting posted regularly. You’d get bored too quickly.

I say we remove it or at least adjust it so users can interact with threads for longer periods of time, say 3 months.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
+1
@Cerberus

The forum does need new content but rarely anyone will stay around if there’s hardly any threads they can interact with. The rule makes sense on @looksmax and @incels because there’s enough users and new threads getting posted but with how small and inactive this forum is, it’s hard to solely interact with the few new threads getting posted regularly. You’d get bored too quickly.

I say we remove it or at least adjust it so users can interact with threads for longer periods of time, say 3 months.
They respond to old threads because they appear "as similar threads", the don't bother to read the date, I agree 2 maximum 3 months would make everyone happy, sounds fair enough.

W

WeebHunter3000

CEO of BBC
Jun 13, 2021
+1
@Cerberus

Based jannie.

W

WeebHunter3000

CEO of BBC
Jun 13, 2021
Alright, fair enough. The rules actually don't specify anything against necroposting, it's only that warning sign that appears when you're going to post on an old thread that has some default text...

I'm going to disable that warning sign. Obviously, this doesn't mean you can spam - it means you can make the same kind of responses on old thread as you make nowadays on recent ones.
This also should help with the "posting similar threads" problem: If you can necropost freely, you can just respond to the relevant threads instead of making a new one.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps.
Gigachad jannie. :chad:

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Alright, fair enough. The rules actually don't specify anything against necroposting, it's only that warning sign that appears when you're going to post on an old thread that has some default text...
Yeah. I made a thread about it. I expained how "the rule against necroposting" was only a suggestion and not a real rule as this thread implied. But based jannie @Haruhi Suzumiya deleted it without giving a reason why :feelseheh:

Would it be possible to drop my warning % back to zero, because I'm actually quite close to being banned. I haven't broken any rules tho :feelsstudy:

Last edited:
Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah. I made a thread about it. I expained how "the rule against necroposting" was only a suggestion and not a real rule as this thread implied. But based jannie @Haruhi Suzumiya deleted it without giving a reason why :feelseheh:

Would it be possible to drop my warning % back to zero, because I'm actually quite close to being banned. I haven't broken any rules tho :feelsstudy:
you did necro posted on very old threads, a while ago on purpose you posted on a thread from April 1st that's just said good night, you warning stays, that was a spam and it is not allowed, you can bumb old threads but not spam

Ritalincel

Ritalincel

😇
Nov 28, 2020
Only bumping multiple threads at a time should be disallowed. Otherwise, bumping a single thread with a "low effort" responce to make it visible again is reasonable.
Also, the OP of a thread should have the option to lock his/her own thread after it's more than a day old.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
Only bumping multiple threads at a time should be disallowed. Otherwise, bumping a single thread with a "low effort" responce to make it visible again is reasonable.
Also, the OP of a thread should have the option to lock his/her own thread after it's more than a day old.
True but the thing is some low effort threads or joke/meme threads are irrelevant, so no necro posting doesn't mean anyone can revive any kind of very old threads by spamming, but of course reviving some threads you wish to be continued is welcomed. :feelsok:

Lucillian

Lucillian

Lecnilatir) Tomorrow will be a good day.
Nov 30, 2020
there is a reason why some threads need to stay old, they become irrelevant, or forgotten, if you want to continue a topic of an old thread so bad, create a new one with the same topic or as a continuation of the old one.
Nobody wants threads from many months ago, a forum is all about new content and new threads. That's how this and almost any forum works.
i do

Lucillian

Lucillian

Lecnilatir) Tomorrow will be a good day.
Nov 30, 2020
Activity
So far there's no one here