Discussion AITA for being unladylike infront of my husband and farting?

V

VoDkA

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
This is going to sound ridiculous, but my husband is convinced I've done something wrong, so I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something. My husband (38M) and I (34F) have been married for 5 years. We've had a really successful marriage with few hiccups or significant arguments, but yesterday I was watching TV with him while I was resting my head on his lap when I farted- he asked, "Did you just fart...?" I answered yes and he then said "Don't do that in front of me. It's nasty and unladylike." I could sort of understand the nasty bit, but it was unladylike...?? In a grumpy mood, he got up from the couch and went into our bedroom by himself. I attempted to speak with him and ask him to express why he was so unhappy, but all he said was that I needed to "learn some respect and act like a real lady around my husband." I'm still confused by what happened, so I'm writing this. AITA?
Edit: Yes, the fart was accidental I didn't do it on purpose. And yes he farts infront of me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...a_for_being_unladylike_infront_of_my_husband/

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
dont you have a fart fetish?

K

kaang

lurkercel
Oct 29, 2021
Guys right a lady shouldn't fart like that. If it happens at least say "excuse me".

Activity
So far there's no one here