15 years a NEET

DrDisrspected

DrDisrspected

NEET
Mar 28, 2021
At 24 I was fired from my job having worked there for 7 years.
Little did I know that the next 15 years of my life would be spent as a NEET.
It was only in the last few years I became aware of the term and later found this forum.

When I was 29, I moved out due to having copiously saved every wagie cheque I ever received during my time working.
I have clung on to NEET welfare benefits all this time scraping my way through ever since.

I have some job experience and alot of self taught skills which are meaningless in this world for the most part.
Never got a degree as I flunked out of a very good opportunity to get one mainly due to poor social skills.

I must admit that it felt very good going to sleep at 7am after smoking a fat joint.
Watching the wagecucks set out on the morning commute was not only satisfying but also extremely scary. I knew that one day it would also be my fate.

But I resisted and in doing so I lost more and more respect from family as time went by.

They couldn't understand why I would not just grab the nearest Mc Donald's gig and tough it out till I got "The dream job". I knew that being behind that cash register for one day meant I'd be writing my suicide note that very night.

It was not easy maintaining a steady stream of welfare payments. Constantly called in for appointments with inspectors, attempts to get me to go for shitty jobs and massive intrusion on my NEET existence.
This would happen for a period of a year or more before it would stop for a brief respite only to start again soon after.

I just had 18 months left alone and now once again they are chasing after me.
Not only that but my comfy flat was put up for sale. I have emerged to a rental market in chaos with prices sky rocketing.
Refused from multiple places due to no work reference and hopping between relatives houses who are quickly losing patience with me.

They don't understand just how close to roping I really am. Also using every opportunity to remind me of my collosal failures in life. I'm literally at their mercy tonight and for the past few weeks.

Hastily I have started applying for jobs and as expected received rejection after rejection. The chinese plague makes this all the more difficult in every respect.

I would never shame anyone for being NEET. It's a lifestyle that I understand so well. It is both a joyous and at times desperately sad existence. You experience both the blessed solitude and the grinding loneliness all in the space of one day.

It might be obvious to most but unless you can find a really good way of keeping it going then "All good things must come to an end".

In a way, I wish that I bit the bullet earlier but the NEET in me still wants to LDAR.
But now, it looks like I can't continue and will soon be rammed into some shit hole to earn money for someone else.

I failed at everything in my life and always felt that a job would just compound that misery even more. Enjoy the NEET life while you can and savour every moment but for your own sake do try to move forward in someway or be at the mercy of powers outside your control.

I don't know how I managed to dodge the guillotine this long but my future is uncertain. Keep on keeping on NEET brothers but when the time is right, exit the lifestyle but never forget.......

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Are you in UK system? Is it universal credit you get. I will always live in parents house because that is what unmarried men tend to do in my country. I will be forced to get a job soon but if things get very bad I can at least cut down my hours and work part time if I needed to. I plan to rope when parents die though even though I would inherit the house. I refuse to be a wagie in my 50s and 60s.

DrDisrspected

DrDisrspected

NEET
Mar 28, 2021
The work reference I'm referring to needs to be current so a landlord will accept me. Tried a fake one but didn't work. They checked it.

DrDisrspected

DrDisrspected

NEET
Mar 28, 2021
When not having one didn't work I tried to improvise by getting a guy I know to act as if he was my boss. He wasn't very convincing not surprisingly. Desperation!

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Ireland as well Celtic. Agreed that being 50 as a wagie is not an option. I would rope also if my parents were gone.
What did you say when they tried to put you into jobs in the past? How did you get out of applying for them? At the moment I apply for jobs but I don't answer the phone when they call me. A big problem for me is that I am 8 stone overweight so I need to lose weight otherwise I wouldn't be able to last 1 week at the job. I have mostly worked in food factories, they are terrible places but at least most of the workers are Europeans so they don't talk to me. I dislike it even more when I have to work at a place with local people because they expect you to fit into the group. I walked out on several jobs in the past.

DrDisrspected

DrDisrspected

NEET
Mar 28, 2021
I would often send a cover letter email with a blank document named CV. They would get back to me saying that it was empty and I wouldn't reply.

One time they had me down to go pack vegetables every morning at 5am for no extra money. It was my closest call with the inspectors. Luckily I had just applied for a shitty worthless scheme to start a business and that came through approved a day before. Only reason they gave that to me was so they can take another number off the unemployed figures.

It was always skin of my teeth dodging that saved me. I can be very convincing while sitting in front of these people because I learned the game a long time ago.

These days so many applications are online that they can't really check that easily but it was harder in the old days.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
It was only in the last few years I became aware of the term and later found this forum.

When I was 29, I moved out due to having copiously saved every wagie cheque I ever received during my time working.
I have clung on to NEET welfare benefits all this time scraping my way through ever since.

I have some job experience and alot of self taught skills which are meaningless in this world for the most part.
Never got a degree as I flunked out of a very good opportunity to get one mainly due to poor social skills.

I must admit that it felt very good going to sleep at 7am after smoking a fat joint.
Watching the wagecucks set out on the morning commute was not only satisfying but also extremely scary. I knew that one day it would also be my fate.

But I resisted and in doing so I lost more and more respect from family as time went by.

They couldn't understand why I would not just grab the nearest Mc Donald's gig and tough it out till I got "The dream job". I knew that being behind that cash register for one day meant I'd be writing my suicide note that very night.

It was not easy maintaining a steady stream of welfare payments. Constantly called in for appointments with inspectors, attempts to get me to go for shitty jobs and massive intrusion on my NEET existence.
This would happen for a period of a year or more before it would stop for a brief respite only to start again soon after.

Not only that but my comfy flat was put up for sale. I have emerged to a rental market in chaos with prices sky rocketing.
Refused from multiple places due to no work reference and hopping between relatives houses who are quickly losing patience with me.

They don't understand just how close to roping I really am. Also using every opportunity to remind me of my collosal failures in life. I'm literally at their mercy tonight and for the past few weeks.

Hastily I have started applying for jobs and as expected received rejection after rejection. The chinese plague makes this all the more difficult in every respect.

I would never shame anyone for being NEET. It's a lifestyle that I understand so well. It is both a joyous and at times desperately sad existence. You experience both the blessed solitude and the grinding loneliness all in the space of one day.

It might be obvious to most but unless you can find a really good way of keeping it going then "All good things must come to an end".

In a way, I wish that I bit the bullet earlier but the NEET in me still wants to LDAR.
But now, it looks like I can't continue and will soon be rammed into some shit hole to earn money for someone else.

I failed at everything in my life and always felt that a job would just compound that misery even more. Enjoy the NEET life while you can and savour every moment but for your own sake do try to move forward in someway or be at the mercy of powers outside your control.

I don't know how I managed to dodge the guillotine this long but my future is uncertain. Keep on keeping on NEET brothers but when the time is right, exit the lifestyle but never forget.......
Thanks for the essay. I will read this later when I have time.

Ritalincel

Ritalincel

😇
Nov 28, 2020
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Attachments

• 455.jpg
    455.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 433
M

Morningstar

NEET
Aug 26, 2023
I have been a NEET for 8 or 9 Years now but wow you lived in an entire life in this lifestyle i cant be a NEET for more time since my parents will kick me out from the House

RR2XCUP

RR2XCUP

What?
Jan 8, 2023

Last seen May 23, 2021
Brootal

M

mirandalad22

NEET
Aug 23, 2023
i was a NEET on and off
i was a NEET most of my life. Currently i got a job where i work only once a weekl

Activity
So far there's no one here